Walther Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PPS FE, have not taken it to the range yet, just working the slide and noticed that the trigger does not reset about 10% of the time. Anyone else experience this?

Maybe I just need to put some lead through it to break it in :D

Need to find a holster that will fit this puppy.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Are you talking about the new Walther PPS or the old Walther PPS. The new one (not all steel) doesn't have a reset while dry fireing. You have to cycle the slide for the trigger to reset.

·
Registered
358 Posts
The older Walther PPS similar to the old james bond gun was a all metal frame. The new Walther PPS is a composite plastic lower, and comes in the QA style trigger.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
older as in PP, PPK and PPK/S vs PPS ??

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That will be the PPS, the polymer framed one.

Yes, I am racking the slide to cycle the trigger. Still have not made it to range...

·
Registered
358 Posts
Alright just wanted to make sure I know the old pistol was a DA/SA trigger and there has been a bit of confusion. I think if your not reseting right now you should take it to a gunsmith and take a look.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Could someone try this on theirs?

Make sure gun is unloaded
Pull trigger
Hold trigger down firmly
Rack slide
Does the trigger reset 100% of the time?

thanks!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I have tried it when I handled one at my local shop, and yes the trigger should reset. After the slide goes into battery, let your finger off the trigger and it has a very short forward click into the reset condition. I only did it twice, so two for two.

What I would do, and I am not you, is run some rounds thru it, The recoil may be sufficient to reset your trigger mechanism, or maybe something in the mechanism is just not smoothed out. If when shooting your trigger doesn't reset a few times in a hundred rounds or so, I would then take it back . Or, you can just take it back or send it in now. But I think if the service guys at S&W run a few rounds thru it and have no problem you will be wasting your time. After all you have a test target, so it was fired at the factory. Also, I notice that reinserting that backstrap was tricky and that disconnects the trigger, so make sure yours is install and clicked all the way in place. Good Luck.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Went to the range today, no trigger reset issue on live fire. Although the slide is stuck on open after 138 rounds of standard pressure ammo. This thing is going back to Walther and will not be carried.

Anybody want to buy a PSP FE with <150 rounds through it? After it comes back from Walther of course.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Mine is reseting every time, I would take yours to a gunsmith. Do me a favor and take a look at your backstrap and see if the other one fits.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Went to the range today, no trigger reset issue on live fire. Although the slide is stuck on open after 138 rounds of standard pressure ammo. This thing is going back to Walther and will not be carried.

Anybody want to buy a PSP FE with <150 rounds through it? After it comes back from Walther of course.
Do you mean it stuck open and you can't close it? Or did it just lock open after a shot and it could be closed again?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It is stuck on open and could not be closed after firing a round, must be that catch release spring issue I see on the various boards. I have tried the other backstrap (before it became completely useless) and it was doing the same thing with the trigger reset.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Sorry you had issues, but it seems me might have a more interesting information to now understand why a slide lock back would occur. This also might help us catch the issue before it locks open. I am truely sorry, but I am going to make this a learning experince as I don't understand the PPS well enough yet.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Sorry, sound like there is a problem, it is an FE. Make them fix it, then when it's 100% you can decide to keep or sell it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My PPS FE is not reseting on dry fire and the reset while firing is gritty. I just shot it for the first time today (200rds)and haven't cleaned it yet. Should I shoot and clean some more and see what happens from there?

·
Registered
28 Posts
My PPS FE is not reseting on dry fire and the reset while firing is gritty. I just shot it for the first time today (200rds)and haven't cleaned it yet. Should I shoot and clean some more and see what happens from there?
Just out of curiosity, are you dry firing with the magazine in or out? If it's out try doing it with the mag in and see if it eliminates the reset issue. Just racking the slide part way back is all that's necessary to reset the striker and prevent the slide lock from engaging. Let us know if this makes any difference.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
MP. My FE did not get a chance to go beyond 150 rounds before the slide locked up and got swapped for a black one by S&W. My black PPS now has 500+ rounds with zero issues. The trigger resets on dry fire with no problems out of the box.

Walther changed something between the FEs and Black ones. Just not sure exactly what but it works great now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts