Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Just purchased my first Walther, and of coarse after the purchase I joined this awesome forum. On to business..

PO says they have 100 rounds through it, Im sure theres more though. In the video I show how the trigger wont reset because it will not break. There started to be a problem after I took off the backstrap. Of coarse there is a safety feature built in where it releases the pin upon taking it off, but its made to do that. After compressed the trigger it just goes straight back to the position prior to pulling the trigger. There is also a little bit of slop on the front of the slide. I dont recall this before the problem, but it may have been there. The slide also is not smooth going forward.

Sorry, I couldnt figure out how to embed the video in the post, but both links above go to the same place (youtube).

Thanks! I'm excited for my new purchase, hopefully I'm just doing something wrong!

·
Registered
659 Posts
Is it a BD date code and does the serial number begin with the letters AJ?

A few of us with PPSs had a similar trigger issue and sent the pistols back to Walther. Appears that it has to do with the trigger bar assembly needing to be replaced.

Contact Walther in Ft. Smith, OK and they'll email you a Fed-Ex label. It'll get fixed. I had the same issue and have since thrown a few hundred rounds through it with no further issues.

·
Registered
484 Posts
This seems like a different problem from what most BD date code, AJxxxx PPS owners have been having with the trigger not wanting to reset.

·
Read Only
5,165 Posts
Let us know what the red tag included in the box has on it when you receive it back. It does seem to be something different than what us folks had with our AJxxxx BD pistols found...but maybe not. Hopefully you get it back soon!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Received my gun back today in full working order from Walther.
Pink slip in the box said that they replaced the trigger assembly and the trigger guide. There is also another "disconnector" part that was replace. All is well because they covered it all under warranty.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Received my gun back today in full working order from Walther.
Pink slip in the box said that they replaced the trigger assembly and the trigger guide. There is also another "disconnector" part that was replace. All is well because they covered it all under warranty.

Glad to hear that you got her back!

Give us a range update asap.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts