Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to Walthers...a P99 will probably be my next purchase...so bear with me!

I know that Glocks and Berettas both have "trigger jobs" that involve polishing some parts of the trigger assembly to reduce friction and make the action smoother. (The infamous "$.25 Glock Trigger Job") Is there anything comparable for P99s?

On a similar note, are there any connectors (again, like Glock) to reduce the standard trigger pull? On a Glock, you can reduce the 5 lb pull to 3.5 lb (or less!) with a different connector. Is there any safe way to reduce a P99 AS from the standard 9 lb (DA) and 5.5 lb (SA)?

Thanks for the help!

Jim

·
Registered
55 Posts
some posters have said they disassembled their striker assembly and trimmmed off a few coils of spring to lighten trigger pull.  and earl's supposedly has a phoney trigger job that is a rip-off and is overpriced.   however i know of no official fixes that are concidered to be "approved and excellent"

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the heads up...I haven't dealt with Earl's yet but everything I've read says "overpriced"!

I don't think I want to be modifying striker springs. The Glock job is simple...polish the metal surfaces in the trigger assembly that rub on each other. I guess if the Walther leant itself to that kind of fix, someone would have tried it by now!

My Sig has traditional double-action, so I can definitely live with 9/5.5 lb trigger pulls!

Jim

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yu always hear about shooting the Walthers several hundred rnds to get the triggers real nice. Polishing the Glock triggers does this same thing only quicker.
removeing a couple coils should get results like changeing out a NY spring system for the stock 5LB spring in a Glock design.
But the lock works and fireing system design of the Walther is not going to lend itself to being played with like the Glock striker design.

·
Registered
471 Posts
These guns are relatively new on the market with some time tested design integrations. It's going to be interesting to see just how they "fair out" over the years. I get the impression they are going to prove very hardy.
There may be some shortcuts to improve the triggers, but in most cases, just shooting them will give handguns a very nice trigger in the long run.
I'm doing my best to put as many bullets down range to hasten that point!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts