Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any links that talk about doing trigger jobs on the P99? I can't imagine that we couldn't clean up our triggers a little and make them a touch better. Here's an excellent link I found about doing them for the M&P http://www.burwellgunsmithing.com/M&Ptriggerjob.htm Perhaps someone knows of something similiar talking about the P99.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Nothing reliable. Some poeple have cut a few stricker spring coils or changed the striker spring to a Glock one, but I have read mixed reliability reports.

And, I think the trigger is fine as is.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Shoot it, clean it, shoot it, clean it, repeat....
When I first shot a P99, I WAS NOT impressed. But, after buying it I was determined to use the dang thing. After some dry firing, a lot of shooting and good cleaning with a good lubricant, I must say, My P99 has a FANTASTICLY smooth trigger now... I would not let anyone touch my P99...

Hang in there a bit longer Soybomb!

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
+1 on what HAL said.

The trigger, in particular the SA variant, will get real nice after about 1,000 rounds or so, and the DA will get smoother and a bit lighter, but still be a DA of course.

You'll never get a 1911-like release on it, but then again you won't have 1911 reliability, fitting, and other issues with it either.

-Jeff

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its certainly not a bad trigger, I think the DA could use a little work and with the right touch could be made a little more like my sig's

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
See, the A/S trigger on a P99 is my fav. Its my fav gun of all time - I shoot it better than I do a 1911. So, I am fine w/ it.

I wouldn't want it only to have the SA trigger on it - then I do not think it would be safe for a carry gun. But, U can always keep it in SA mode with the long trigger if ya just have to have the lighter pull.

·
Registered
821 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Soybomb @ Sep. 21 2006,6:44)]Its certainly not a bad trigger, I think the DA could use a little work and with the right touch could be made a little more like my sig's
I prefer the DA pull on my P99 to my friend's SIG DA.  The both have a couple thousand rounds through them.

The P99 is rediculously smooth, but wasn't like that when I first got it. It just takes time, ya know?

-stunks

·
Registered
471 Posts
The P99 DA is one of the reasons my Sig 226 is now second shelf. I concur with Stunks completely! It will smooth out.
Most of my P99's were bought used with only a few hundred rounds through them, if that. I got them fairly reasonable and I'm sure the "new" trigger was a motivating factor for the owners to sell. Their loss, my gain!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts