Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have a guy that says "Trigger bar deforms the barrel. That's the only negative thing I've found when I was considering buying one." on his PPS barrel and offered the following picture as evidence. Weirdest thing I've seen.

·
Premium Member
13,871 Posts

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never had that problem with my PPS Classic. Don't follow the inferior M2 discussion much......;)

·
Read Only
5,165 Posts
That pistol needs an all-expenses paid vacation in Fort Smith, AR, and like, yesterday.

If it is the trigger bar, that puppy is FUBAR and SOL and probably some other acronyms even I haven't heard of. Yet.

But the seller of that gun needs to see the first sentence of this post.

·
Registered
846 Posts
T-bird,

Before you go on with what else this puppy needs, just look at your own PPS M1 barrel. I did.:D

·
Registered
119 Posts
So reading this, I grabbed my PPS M1, & took it apart. It seems there is a factory cut out on the right side of the feed ramp to make room for the extractor, & bar. There is zero wear there on my barrel. I purchased my gun used, so I don't know the round count. Not even a scratch on the finish. GARY

·
Registered
28 Posts
Over 900 rounds and no signs of similar barrel wear.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just FYI that photo is of an M2 and is NOT my weapon. My Classic PPS is absolutely fine.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Ok, I have a guy that says "Trigger bar deforms the barrel. That's the only negative thing I've found when I was considering buying one." on his PPS barrel and offered the following picture as evidence. Weirdest thing I've seen.

That image looks similar to Gordo's:

https://www.waltherforums.com/forum...ps-m2-barrel-peened-near-feed-ramp-pps-m2.jpg

As chandler5566 posted this same link to Gordo's thread. The picture is from Gordo - post number 1 from that thread.

https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/pps/70650-pps-m2-barrel-peened-near-feed-ramp.html

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
You guys must really be bored to yet again revisit this! :eek:

·
Registered
233 Posts
if trigger bar actually deforming the barrel, three things are going on barrel should have been machined accordantly or very soft steel on the feed ramp or a hell of strong trigger bar, none are good.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Out of curiosity, I looked at my M2, it had just a tiny bit of bluing off. Nothing to get excited about. No damage to metal.
Mine has that tiny nick in the corner and I’ve had it well over two years with hundreds of rounds fired. No spreading or issues here. If it ever becomes an issue I’ll address it. I don’t see anything to get excited about unless yours actually has an issue. I definitely won’t lose any sleep over a gun.

Cheers! :)

·
Registered
364 Posts
I believe that in the mega-thread that was over 60 pages long, only Gordo received a new PPS M2 pistol, and SaltyNC got a new barrel and trigger bar assembly if I remember correctly. That thread was several months long and only two people reported severe peening issues to the point of needing replacement. So the issue is real, but it seems very small percentage-wise. Unless someone else has some hard statistics proving that the issue is widespread and severe in all of those cases. I don't believe that ever was concluded.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I believe that in the mega-thread that was over 60 pages long, only Gordo received a new PPS M2 pistol, and SaltyNC got a new barrel and trigger bar assembly if I remember correctly. That thread was several months long and only two people reported severe peening issues to the point of needing replacement. So the issue is real, but it seems very small percentage-wise. Unless someone else has some hard statistics proving that the issue is widespread and severe in all of those cases. I don't believe that ever was concluded.

Well know fact, people report the bad stuff far more than the good. Seems most of the various issues we've discussed lately, have been isolated incidents. Makes for good discussion, but sometimes the math gets lost in the shuffle. Just saying.....:)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts