Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having recently finished this project (and seeing as there's not too much going on here of late), I figured I'd post this picture of my G22.

In addition to the AAC Pilot Can, I had the barrel threaded by Noveske Rifleworks (he had to remove the front sight in order to make enough room - didn't concern me as that's what the red dot sight is for). I also added a Knight's Armament vertical grip and a Zeiss Z-Point Reflex Sight.

It's actually for my 8 year old daughter. She loves plinking away at clay pigeons with it, and she's gotten quite good at that. And with the can attached, it's really child friendly - no hearing protection needed at all, just eye protection.

Highly recommended, and the G22 has been utterly reliable with both Federal and Remington fodder, but you need to stay with standard velocity ammo, otherwise you get a ballistic crack from breaking the sound barrier around 1,100 fps.

Regards,
Jeff

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Nice! It's too bad about the front sight. Wish he could have pushed it back on the barrel a little. Otherwise, very nice set up.

I've heard that there is a threaded barrel from Walther out there, but have not seen one in the States.  May be just a European thing.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quite possibly a threaded barrel is available, but I haven't seen it, and this was the first one Noveske did, and he does a lot as he's a primary barrel threader for AAC, so who knows?

Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The euro G22 has a threaded barrel nut like the P22.  But the threaded barrel is only available on the euro G22's.  I called Walther to order one, but they said that it wasn't available here in the states.  They don't even have a part number for it here.  If someone ever gets one, let me know how easy it is to swap out.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I never knew that the G22 in Europe comes standard with a threaded barrel. It's a shame they don't offer it on the G22, since it's standard on the P22 and one of the main reason for that pistol's huge success - ease of use with suppressors. Don't know if the Walther folks realize that or not.

Would have saved me quite a bit of money, and I'd still have a fixed front sight on my G22.

Oh well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts