Walther Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The past few times I've taken my P99QA to the range, I noticed that the trigger pin "walked" out about 1/32". It was actually more noticeable from the little spot it wore in the frame than it was from just looking at the trigger. Each time I've pushed it back in with a small screwdriver, I felt it click back into place. It only seems to work itself out while firing, as I've never noticed it happen while I was dry firing. Anyone have the same issue, and if so, is there anything that can be done about it?

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
The trigger pin is retained from lateral movement by the slide stop lever's engagement in a groove near the end of the pin. There is a groove at both ends, so the pin can be installed either way.

For some reason or other, the engagement on your gun is not secure. Make sure the slide stop lever spring is applying proper pressure downward on the lever. If that's okay, drive out the pin (while lifting up the lever so it's not engaged) and inspect the groove. If the groove is worn, reverse the pin.

M

·
Registered
44 Posts
The trigger pin is retained from lateral movement by the slide stop lever's engagement in a groove near the end of the pin. There is a groove at both ends, so the pin can be installed either way.

For some reason or other, the engagement on your gun is not secure. Make sure the slide stop lever spring is applying proper pressure downward on the lever. If that's okay, drive out the pin (while lifting up the lever so it's not engaged) and inspect the groove. If the groove is worn, reverse the pin.

M
This man is correct, so listen to him!

On a side note:

-It wasn't a walther, but another *cough* polymer framed pistol that had the same problem and was fixed with a dab of super glue.

*WOAH SILVER!*

No.....don't glue it in!

Take the pin out, and put just a drop of the glue on the OD of the pin, towards the end. Wait for the glue to dry, and then sand the OD (outer diameter) untill it is just slighly larger than what you started with.

Be sure to mark the end you put the glue on. THIS is the end that you will push into the frame LAST.

If you don't mark the pin, she'll never start straight/correct/at all into the frame.

Good luck and happy shooting.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Take the pin out, and put just a drop of the glue on the OD of the pin, towards the end. Wait for the glue to dry, and then sand the OD (outer diameter) untill it is just slighly larger than what you started with.

Be sure to mark the end you put the glue on. THIS is the end that you will push into the frame LAST.

That is overkill, more work than necessary, and any sanding most likely will result in scratching up the pin.

As a last resort, it's so much easier and neater to just push the pin out about 1/8" on the right side, dab with a toothpick the tiniest smitchen of blue loctite on the exposed end, and push it back in.

M

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
That is overkill, more work than necessary, and any sanding most likely will result in scratching up the pin.

As a last resort, it's so much easier and neater to just push the pin out about 1/8" on the right side, dab with a toothpick the tiniest smitchen of blue loctite on the exposed end, and push it back in.

M
I should have emphasized the phrase above, "as a last resort". If reversing the pin doesn't work, chances are the slide stop lever is slightly deformed at the point where it would engage the pin, so that it won't sit properly in the groove of the pin. This is usually the result of trying to drift out the pin without first raising the lever. If that's the case, the lever must removed from the frame to restore that surface.

M

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I may have given the wrong information. The pin I'm having an issue with is the smaller pin that is visible at the top of the trigger, just at the bottom of the frame. I removed it, and it doesn't have any grooves, rather it's just a smooth pin. It doesn't fall out, just moves about 1/16" out of the top of the trigger during firing. Just enough to make a small dent in the frame just above the trigger. I would try super glue, but I'm worried I might glue up the works in my trigger.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
I think I may have given the wrong information. The pin I'm having an issue with is the smaller pin that is visible at the top of the trigger, just at the bottom of the frame. I removed it, and it doesn't have any grooves, rather it's just a smooth pin. It doesn't fall out, just moves about 1/16" out of the top of the trigger during firing. Just enough to make a small dent in the frame just above the trigger. I would try super glue, but I'm worried I might glue up the works in my trigger.
To effect a good fix you should remove the trigger assembly from the gun so you can more readily work on it and see what you are doing. Push out the pin the same 1/16th" and apply a little blue loctite with the end of a toothpick, then push it back in. Wait until the loctite sets and test it to make sure it holds and has not migrated into any unwanted region. Then reinstall the trigger ass'y. Super glue and the like tend to crystallize; loctite will not.

M

1 - 9 of 9 Posts