Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Airfix,

This is what babelfish online translated it to:

Original Walther P990 pistol converted on calibers of 4 mm M20 at a favorable complete price. To acquire with reliability in Germany of everyone starting from 18 years without need proof. Simplified acquisition on WBK without need proof (plant 2, section 2, subsection 3, point 1,1 and 1,2 weapon law). Only the reliability and special customer must be given.

Looks like its basically a airsoft type pistol. Walther has done similar 4mm plastic bullets with their PPK line when they first came out to help the user get familar with the controls of the PPK, without shooting real bullets.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Sure. Looks like a fun little pistol to shoot in your basement or garage. Would be interesting to see if they'd offer it here in the States.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I saw an awfully large number that looked like a price, what is in dollars though? 699 for an airsoft seems too steep when the real one can be had for around 500.
Let me know if it is at least afordable, christmas is coming up. LOL
Patrick

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
You have to realize this is Europe we're talking about.  For some the 699 Euros is cheap compared to getting a real gun.  And some European countries won't allow you to use ammo that the military uses, like 9mm. I was looking through a catalog from Germany that was selling old PPKs for 100 Euros, yet a P99 was 600 to 1000 Euros. The only reason I could figure out why an old PPK wasn't worth very much is because Germany only allows citizens to have one handgun in their lifetime, that is if they can get through all the red tape to get one. So if your only allowed one, do you really want a gun that shoots a sub-caliber for defense?

The most popular guns over there seemed to be the ones that you can switch calibers easily. Desert Eagles were at the top of the list.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts