Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Would someone please give me a translation of this note attached to the box of a
Manurhin PP. I don't know if they are implying production was in 1967 or not.. Spring of 1954 seems more accurate to me. Just trying to get some idea of where this PP spent most of it's life and thought there might be a clue in this hand written note.
Thank you.
DD

Attachments

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
I studied German for 2 years in HS and graduated at 17 so that was 60 yers ago, but here goes my best effort.

PP Pistol Manurhin
July 1965. date of purchase most likely

28652 WHB1 Pos 67 could be part of an address s it followed by

From Waffendal Zwakin Bavaria. Gun store (https://waffenhandel-zwack.deLaubens)

Labunzedel Gunzenhausen a city and state in Germany where the gun store is located (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunzenhausen)

Reactions: ronin11

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I studied German for 2 years in HS and graduated at 17 so that was 60 yers ago, but here goes my best effort.

PP Pistol Manurhin
July 1965. date of purchase most likely

28652 WHB1 Pos 67 could be part of an address s it followed by

From Waffendal Zwakin Bavaria. Gun store (https://waffenhandel-zwack.deLaubens)

Labunzedel Gunzenhausen a city and state in Germany where the gun store is located (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunzenhausen)
Thank you. 28652 is the serial number of the pistole. That is why I suggest the Spring of 1954 as the production date. I am reasonably sure that 28652 is not part of an address.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Not much to translate. The gun is from a gun dealer/trader called Waffenhandel Zwack located at Laubenzedel 18, 91710 Gunzenhausen, Germany.

Google search shows its store hours are from 10am to 6pm. Phone: +49 9831 882707.

Hope this helps some.:)

I see 1942bull beat me to it.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree with the translations.

Do we get an ice cream cone or sumthin' for it? :)
Thank you to everyone.
LOL, if you weather is a hot as where I am ice cream would be just cream when it got to you!:)

·
Registered
2,817 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Interesting that the postal number for Gunzenhausen is in the post-1992 5-digit form. This could indicate that at least from first sale to after 1992, it spent its time in Germany. Ergo not a pre-68 import.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Interesting that the postal number for Gunzenhausen is in the post-1992 5-digit form. This could indicate that at least from first sale to after 1992, it spent its time in Germany. Ergo not a pre-68 import.
Does the pistol have a (possibly crossed-out) Bavarian police stamp? That would be either L P By or ByP in an oval.

Since a “Von:” (= from) precedes the dealer’s info, my supposition would be that this label was affixed to the box in the course of a sale or maybe even private import through this dealer. Any other importer marks?

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Does the pistol have a (possibly crossed-out) Bavarian police stamp? That would be either L P By or ByP in an oval.

Since a “Von:” (= from) precedes the dealer’s info, my supposition would be that this label was affixed to the box in the course of a sale or maybe even private import through this dealer. Any other importer marks?
I guess as is customary I should get some photos up.
No police marks or X'd out stamps. There is importer information placed on the front strap. Very neatly done. Whatever the technique used for the importers mark makes it difficult to see unless turned just right to the light.
Edit: Yes, I believe it was a sale by the business on the note. Not being able to read it myself I was wondering if note gave any indication as to where the pistol may have spent it's former existence. Guess not though other than perhaps in Germany. Maybe a private owner I guess.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
DD,

Waffenhandel Zwack is a well known German dealer. Dieter explained everything correct.

Your PP was made by Manurhin in (early) 1954, perhaps preowned by a German hunter and sold via German eGun.

Martin

·
Registered
479 Posts
Yes, some photos would simplify things. Another detail question: Does the pistol still have its original proprietary Manurhin grips or standard Walther banner grips?

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DD,

Waffenhandel Zwack is a well known German dealer. Dieter explained everything correct.

Your PP was made by Manurhin in (early) 1954, perhaps preowned by a German hunter and sold via German eGun.

Martin
Yes, Imy guesstimate was Spring of 1954.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, some photos would simplify things. Another detail question: Does the pistol still have its original proprietary Manurhin grips or standard Walther banner grips?
Grips are Manurhin panels. Only issue with the pistol is the left panel has a small piece missing just below the safety. I am soon to place a WTB on the forum in an effort to secure a pairof Manurhin grip panels as I doubt that I could find just the left side for sale.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
WHB1 Pos 67

First Waffenhandelsbuch entry no 67. Every German dealer has this log, as every FFL dealer has his bound book here. It is rare that the WHL entry is released to a private buyer, he gets only an invoice and rarely a copy or data of the WHL (Waffenhandlslizenz) for a purchase but the WHL for every sale to a licensed dealer.

Zwack is still around, I bought a revolver from him this year, good to do business with.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Photo's

I am not great with posting photo's and these are with a phone camera. Sorry for the lack of studio quality.

Attachments

Reactions: Redcat94

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
More photo's

Couple more and one with it's in caliber friend. Never realized how much smaller the Beretta is. I guess it is more PPK/S size than PP size.
Flat base magazines are Manurhin. Finger rest Magazine is Walther.

Attachments

Reactions: Redcat94

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
All mags (box) are made by Walther/Ulm. The one w. extension (Walther marked) is a later 70's made, def. not time correct.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts