1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
9,923 Posts
Info, please: Where on the NRA Museum's website is this article found? I searched the site pretty thoroughly but could not find a link to it.

Thanks,

M
Here you go, Mike (it was under the NRAMuseum.com):

NRA Museums:

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
I was hoping that there was some systematic reproduction of Rifleman back issues, but apparently that is not the case. There is no index that I could find, and apparently one has to use the search function to find articles dealing with particular models.

M

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do random TPH searches on Google of both images and text. This came up under "TPH silver" Past ones like TPH gold or TPH engraved, or TPH graviert not.

Web searching can be really random for a variety of reasons.

One of the problems we experience with my pilkguns.com website is that often over the years links to various products have been removed or the directional page rewritten while not actually removing the obsolete page with a specific product that we no longer carry. So technically from our current website there is no way to find old products. BUT someone doing a random google search may find that old page for a product or price that I haven't sold in 10 or 15 years and they are sometimes quite cantankerous about we don't have or honor pricing that is "clearly" on our website. So as the time goes by we prune these old pages away.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And yes. My pilkguns website is a real mess right now. I fired my last web guy in mid upgrade for putting google Adsense on to his own benefit. Hopefully my new improved 2017 friendly site will back up mid April. But this is way off topic.

Reactions: MGMike

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
Before getting totally back on topic, I want to point out that the NRA Museums' website is a pretty good resource for information on any of the guns actually on display at the museum. In most cases there are multiple photos of each gun, as well as printed references. But, as noted earlier, one must use the Search feature to quickly find specific models.

M

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There are definitely Gadsen made .25s Perhaps that postdated this article or perhaps the author just had it wrong.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts