Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a TPH 22 that breaks the take down safety. Also referred to as trigger guard safety. Not sure why. But when I put the part in and hold in place with a paper clip (smaller diameter than the pin). the part sits flush in channel. When I use the pin, the part sticks out into the mag well a little. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
That's the way it's designed. When inserted the magazine prevents the trigger guard from being opened.

That's because the gun is very small, and recoil might otherwise cause your trigger finger to pull down the trigger guard. That allows the slide to self-dismount from the frame, and --under pressure from the compressed recoil spring--sends it flying downrange.

M

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wasn't clear in my post. This pistol had broken two of these parts already. I am not sure why. They break at the pin hole. As I install a new one, I am using the paper clip to hold the part in place until I get the pin inserted. However, when the paperclip is holding the part, the part will move in flush in the canal. When the pin is inserted, the part will stick out a little in the mag well. Is it normal for this part to be sticking into the mag well when the magazine is not inserted? When the magazine is inserted, it pushes thus part into the canal. I was wondering if too much pressure is being pushed on this part from the magazine, causing it to break.

·
Super Moderator
7,356 Posts
What is actually breaking? The triggerguard itself?

With the pivot pin in, and the trigger guard closed against the frame, the magazine should freely enter the mag well.
Moon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts