Walther Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an opportunity to purchase a NIB Walther TP. I am not well educated on the Walthers, but understand this is one that is hard to come by. He is wanting to trade it for a couple of my Colts, but I really don't know what the fair value is on the TP. Can anyone give me some suggestions on what to look for. I know it is supposed to have all the papers and is in the old alligator skin box? This guy's stuff is always mint, so I have no reason to doubt this is the same.

Any advice will be appreciated. Pictures of similar a similar gun will be even more appreciated.

Thanks for helping out a new guy on the Walther forum!

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
There recently was a SS Interarms TPH in .25acp that sold for over $2000. :eek: Way too much in my opinion ... but hey whatever floats your boat.
Notice that the TP's in the first 2 links did not go... they are rare due to the 68 GCA, but at that price nothing but safe queens for the advanced collector I think.
Would I like to have one??? Yes for sure. Would I pay $1600??? Yes once I win in the lottery :D
*edit
Here is another .02 cents from me.....
Due to the 1968 GCA I woult think that a German TPH would be of more collectability than the TP just by production years.
The TP was in production from 1961 till 1971 ... so a few years of importation was possible
the TPH did not come in the picture till 1968 and production ended in 1999 for (2000 for the .25acp version)
So one would think that there is a few more TP's around. But be warned this is just my opinion and it is free....
If the above TP is however in .22lr ....... snag it and never look back. Only some 3400 were made in the less than 2 years of production

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
As a lad I used to send off to Interarms for their catalogs and price list. This was about 1965-1966.

At that time you could fill out a little box form at the bottom of the price list sayng you were over 18, send a check to Interarms and they would return mail you the Walther of your Choice.

I recall vividly that a .32 PPK was $79.50 I think the .22 was $86.50, you could also get a little blank gun and the TP in .25 - I think the TP was $69.00

I never dared to send the form in. I must have filled out three or four of them. I had about $100 saved so I could have swung the $$$ just couldn't convince the parents!!!!

Oh for a time machine!

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Here is one of the old Interarms ad's
no TP on this one as it is from before 1960

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, right or wrong I traded a Diamondback for a NIB TP with a near perfect box, manual, and an extra clip. I may have put a bit too much into it, but I seem to see a lot more Diamondbacks than I do TPs. If I can figure out how to post pictures, I will attach one sometime soon. Thanks for all of your advice. It helped me out a lot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts