Walther Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
It is probably made in Alabama since these were designed after the '68 Gun Control Act that would of prohibited importation. But, if it is made in Germany it will have an eagle over N proof mark on the frame, slide and maybe barrel.

Is it stainless or blued? If it is German made it could be worth quite a bit. US made, maybe $450 to $500. Check on gunbroker.com and see if you can find others and what they are selling for.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Sorry, forget everything I just said, I was thinking THP. If it is a TP in that good of condition it should be very valueble. A good source I use for the old German Walthers is www.p38forum.com, and go to the PPK post war section and ask your question to Dieter Marschall, and include the full serial number and he should be able to help you.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is definitely a TP, an ugly duckling compared to a TPH. The date on it indicates 1967, and the serial no is 0055XX. I will check over on the other forum and see what they say. I traded for it, and have quite a bit in it, and now I am considering getting rid of it because I really don't want to start shooting it, and everything around here gets used. I know that is what it was made for, but then again I know what it will do to the value.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts