Walther Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

About to order some Trijicons for my P99 and I heard from some people that I will need a tool to complete the install. Specifically a "glock sight" tool??

I was unaware that any tools were required to install night sights.

Do I really need a tool to install the Trijicons? I'm pretty sure Mepro's do not require any special tools, right?

Thanks,

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Apparently, the tool is needed to tighten the screw used for the front sight, from what I have read. I assume that the screw used is not the same type that the stock sights use - therefore U need something to tighten that screw. I remember someone saying that ya might be able to use tweezers to do it, however.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The "secret sight tool" is nothing more than a very small hex head screw that requires a tool that looks like a small nut driver. When I installed my Mepro sights, I just ordered the Glock tool along with the sights from Brownells. They had 3 different tools listed, Ed Brown tool $12.50, B + J machine $20.00, Kimber/Mepro $20.00. Be sure to apply LocTite to the threads when you screw it together. I used the standard #242 LocTite.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts