Walther Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
All I can say about shooting .380 in a 9x18 Super is that it will cycle reliably, as I and several other people on the WF can attest. Yes, the casings bulge and a split might happen. The cases probably headspace on the extractor, so that is a long term problem. It is perhaps an internet rumor, but I recall reading of an Aussie who shot “thousands” of rounds of .380 in his 9x18 Super without problems. Obviously, I don’t endorse it - buy one of each and be very happy! You can still find 9x18 Supers for around $500 if you are ok with a well used police surplus pistol. Ammo is generally available, and Fiocchi makes an annual production run (in summer?). Price is comparable to other less popular calibers (e.g., 30 Luger). My $0.02

Reactions: halfmoonclip

·
Super Moderator
7,183 Posts
Sarge, you've been a huge help with info about loading for the Super. The only issue will be keeping the trimmed brass separate from the .380 and 9mm stuff already rattling around the shop. :)
Now to find a gun...
Moon

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Sarge, you've been a huge help with info about loading for the Super. The only issue will be keeping the trimmed brass separate from the .380 and 9mm stuff already rattling around the shop. :)
Now to find a gun...
Moon
Yea, Trimmed 9 MM cases are easy to pick out from .380's. They are Way Bigger and heavier. With readers on they are easy to spot! 9 Ultra is tapered like 9 MM .380 is a straight wall case. Ultra's or shortened 9 MM or .38 Super Comp WILL NOT CHAMBER in a .380. Midway USA has .380/9 MM 95gr .355 Soft Points on Sale I just grabbed 2000 of em! They went on sale after I bought the first K! AND Midway issued a refund in the first order! "I issued you a refund of $41.18, anytime a customer contacts us within 24 hours of a sale we can honor it." Win Win!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts