Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So today, Two friends from the Walther PPQ Facebook page and I got to try out our Q5SF pro(s) and do some comparison shooting...

We got to compare our SF Pros against:
A Q5 poly, A PPQ 5”, a CZ TFO, a CZ Shadow 2, a CZ SP-01, and a Poly 80 (not a Glock) clone.

For starters both Q5 SF did great!!! I think that the slide has more mass than the poly, as I was having feed issues with my soft shooting loads that I don’t have with my poly Q5. But the TFO was freaking awesome, but it runs $350 more than the top end Q5 SF. But against the Shadow 2, the new Q5 is really competitive. The Q5 has a heavier trigger than either the TFO or the Shadow (in SA mode). But the fit and finish is nicer than the Shadow, but not as nice as the TFO. From the holster, the Q5 shots were a tad more consistent than the Shadow 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,651 Posts
Hate that beaver tail...past that it is a lovely weapon.

Reactions: goforbroke2

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Great post!

I have really been sitting on the fence....thinking do I get the SF or a cajonized S2?

I think for my needs, though....after doing mega research....it will be a TSO. By the way, it’s “TSO” and not “TFO” unless you mean “Tactical ****ing Orange”.

I would have loved to have joined you guys on this range day. Next time....let me know 🙂

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Was that at Eagle?

Looks like a reallly nice blaster. Something Han Solo should be running around with!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Nice gun!

I went to the Walther video linked through another thread here and it says the sights are windage adjustable.

So are they not height adjustable? Are they the same sight as the one on the original PPQ but not the one on the Match Q, which is both windage/height adjustable?

Thanks and enjoy!!1

·
Registered
46 Posts
Nice gun!

I went to the Walther video linked through another thread here and it says the sights are windage adjustable.

So are they not height adjustable? Are they the same sight as the one on the original PPQ but not the one on the Match Q, which is both windage/height adjustable?

Thanks and enjoy!!1

The rear sight on the SF is the same rear sight that is on polymer Q5 Match, and Q4 Tactical. Which is fully adjustable for elevation, and windage.:):):)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Any idea if the PPQ SF makes the < 43 ounce weight limit for IDPA with an empty magazine?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I went to the gun store today to buy a CZ Shadow 2, and they also had a Q5SF in stock. After gripping both and going through the motions, I picked the SF. I realized I have short fat fingers and my thumb didn't reach the slide release without adjusting my grip. It was right where it should be for my hands on the Q5SF. I also liked that its optics-ready, in case I ever want to shoot that division. The only problem is that its so new, there aren't many, if any, aftermarket products, holsters, or mags for it. Did anyone find a good holster?

·
Registered
6 Posts
The only problem is that its so new, there aren't many, if any, aftermarket products, holsters, or mags for it. Did anyone find a good holster?
Red Hill Tactical makes them now. Just got the molds last week. They’re one of the top competition holster makers and were the #1 or #2 most popular holsters at USPSA nationals for production, carry optics, and single stack. I’m about to order one for my SF that’s on the way.
Not sure if we’re allowed so mods feel free to remove, but they’re one of my sponsors so you can get a 10% discount with code Diamond10.

I’m hoping mecgar starts selling the mags themselves soon. Otherwise I know Springer Precision has the SF Pro and is working on 140mm basepads compatible with the new magwell.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts