Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd post the link here for my fellow Walther admirers. We had a S&W day today but I think next time it will be a Walther day! I am so proud of my daughter. She was awesome! She had a blast and she was so excited to tell her mom about how well she did when we got home. I just wish my wife could have come too! But she had to work late....

http://smith-wessonforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/530103904/m/8131028942

-Steve

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Great pictures!!!!

The S&W Forum is great, can't log on as it rejects AOL....... :(

Are those real ivory or imitation on that Schofield?

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks 153! I got that set of imitation ivory from www.buffalobrothers.net and I really like them. They have the antiqued look. When I drilled the screw hole, I did it the way Colt used to do it with their genuine ivory back in the 1800's. I drilled the right grip with the hole, but then the left grip I didn't go all the way through. I just epoxied the nut that receives the screw inside the left grip. That way, it looks like one piece ivory when looking at the gun from the left. But then I realized after I did it that, despite that fact that Colt did it that way, I should have had the screw show on the left grip so that in my right handed holster, it would look like one piece ivory with the right grip not having a screw....

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
mm6mm6,

You can't think of everything!!! :)

Important thing was you got it all to line up and fit right on the revolver!

Those S&W Schofield's were underrated, S&W really took on a challenge to run those up and did a good job to boot. If only they took as much care and effort on their Walther PPK clones!

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
mm6mm6,

YThose S&W Schofield's were underrated, S&W really took on a challenge to run those up and did a good job to boot. If only they took as much care and effort on their Walther PPK clones!

Somewhere I read an interview with the president of S&W, who stated that from a manufacturing and business perspective, the Schofield project was a huge mistake, not to be repeated.

M

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I remember reading that the contour on the underside of the barrel is all done by hand. S&W had wanted to make a Schofield since the mid 1980's. The popularity of Cowboy Action Shooting made it feasible again. I know they sold out fast and they're very, very hard to find today. There are none on GunBroker or AuctionArms right now. There is one on GunsAmerica but the asking price is $2000! I sure love mine, shot wonderfully!

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
Great pics mm6!!! Geez I never relaized how many people on here are also on other forums that I am on. :D
I think I saw 153 over on the 1911 forum and now I see you over on the S&W forum. Did you see my thread about the Dirty Harry holster on the S&W forum? Blocker holsters is now making it on a special order basis for the 6 and 6 1/2 inch Model 29. Exact duplicate of the movie holster.

Best pic is her holding that Schofield just after it fired with the barrel still up from the recoil. Put a big grin on my face seeing that

Dep

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Deputy! I bought her the Marlin when she was five years old. My parents were moving from their log cabin in Wisconsin. I wanted my daughter to shoot there at least once before her grandparents moved. The ranges around here won't let a ten year old shoot but at this particular range it was no big deal. The nice part was that it was just the three of us.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MGMike: If the current S&W President said that, he's sure not following his own advice. And rightly so since the Heritage/Classic series is selling like crazy right now. Their current offerings (1917 .45 acp, Models 21 & 24 .44 Specials, 6 1/2" barrelled Model 29 .44 Magnum just to name a few) are keeping the Performance Center very busy. I was at Bass Pro Shops a week ago and they were sold out of both the all case hardened and all blued 1917's. And they had only one nickel version left. All at $998 each. Bringing back their classics has worked very well for S&W. I wonder if a small frame Breaktop (perhaps a Lemonsqueezer) made in modern steel in a caliber other than .32 S&W or .38 S&W would sell? Perhaps a .32 Magnum (though the cylinder might have to be lengthened to an ungainly look with that caliber).

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts