Walther Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, I'm a newbie to the forum, and a newbie to handguns, although I'm a longtime upland hunter and clays shooter.

I began with a 7.65 mm PP until I became comfortable with that, and I just recently added a P99C 9mm that I've started practicing with. The purpose of the 9mm is as a home defense, bedside safe type of gun. Lately I've started looking at the combo laser and tactical light "Insight" product that fits the P99C. I have to admit I'm curious about it, but I've read opinions that range from "laser sights are the greatest thing since sliced bread" to "avoid laser sights at all costs".

I was wondering what you guys think of them, and if anybody has tried them on their P99C.

Thanks.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Unless you have some specific need........or have an eye sight problem I would probably avoid the added expense of a laser. Unless you buy a good one costing $200 - $300 you will most likely be wasting your money as the cheaper ones don't handle the recoil and abuse that well.

I don't think I would contemplate putting a laser on a compact pistol...........to me it would seem to be missing the point of having something compact, as the laser will add weight and bulk. It will "severely" limit your Holster choices for CCW use or even open carry.

Your desire to have a decent flashlight at the ready , with your weapon is a good one.......... but I think you would be better served to buy a nice High power LED flashlight like the Inova XO3 or T-3 and carry it with you on your belt where ever you go. I never leave home without mine. Botach Tactical had them on sale for $39.95 recently { I bought 2 more at that price } 2 Hour non-dimming runtime is hard to beat with an 82 lumen flashlight that has a focused beam that will reach 250'.

These are only my opinions....... your needs or likes may be different than mine.

JF.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts