Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I have a chance to get a second p99, this one in .40. I already have a 9mm and love it. However, I heard different opinions about the .40 round. Will it be a dramatic difference in recoil? How does a .40 p99 handle compared to 9mm?

Should I beware a non-German version?

Another question I have, could I use all my p99 holsters for both of them?

I trust your opinion. The gun is a doll, in OD (my 9mm is OD too). I would say that $545 sounds very nice for a brand new p99 .40.

Thanks in advance,
Val

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not sure what prices are like in your area, but I got an OD P99 in .40S&W  at a show 2 weeks ago for $513 out the door. The one hitch was it was used (less then 50 rounds) and it was a non german.  I had some reserves about it, but picked it up anyway as it felt great and fit and finish was superb.  After shooting this gun, I would recommend it to anybody, what a great gun.  You'll probably hear comments like run from it if it's a non-100% german and stuff like that, but the fact of the matter is, there is no documented data that says the non-100% germans have any less quality.  I'm very happy with my .40 Non-100% german P99.  As for the recoil compared to the 9mm I cannot comment as I have not shot one yet, but the recoil of the .40 was alot less then I was expecting, not bad at all.

J

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have both and the recoil feels about the same to me. The slide is a bit heavier on the .40.
A new P99 goes for $535 out the door round here.
I got a .40 all German slightly used with a Fobus holster/mag holder and extra mag for $375 off the AR15 for sale boards, there are deals to be had.

·
Registered
22 Posts
For me, the .40 seems to actually recoil less than the 9mm. The extra weight at the end of the slide makes the .40 very comfortable and, again for me, it has less muzzle flip than the 9mm.

·
Registered
37 Posts
.40 all the way

Mine is more comfortable to shoot that most nines I've handled. Weight is definitely a factor. Still light though. GO for it!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you guys for support,

just got it!!!

Can't wait till I get to the range.

It is, in fact, a non-German model. No proofmarks on the slide and the barrel. However, it looks and feels great and I cannot tell any difference in finish from my 9mm. I will "report" as soon as I shoot my new toy.

Val

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
That's a good price considering it is not German made.

Congrats.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for advise, I don't regret I got a .40. It handles great and although I feel a difference, it is a pleasure to shoot. My accuracy didn't change (it was my primary fear) and the muzzle flip seems to be the same as with my 9mm.
No faluires of any kind with American Eagle flat nose FMJ. The gun has newer mags with light-blue followers. So far so good!

Val

·
Registered
28 Posts
That's what I found with my P99 .40, it'll feed anything I can fit into the mags (well, within reason )
I'm very satisfied with my purchase as well, and the feelings I was having at first about it being a non-all german disappeared as soon as I fired it.
Can you say "PermaGrin"

Enjoy your new toy and be safe.

J

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've had my all-German 40. P-99 for over two years, the only problem I've ever had is continuously 'running out' of ammo....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts