Walther Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, all. I've only seen one other image of this on the interwebs, and it wasn't here on Walther Forums, so I thought I'd throw this out there for anyone looking for another (best?) weapon light option for the P99c.

Streamlight TLR-7 Sub (SKU 69402).

It's one of the few lights compatible that look correct on the gun while still offering excellent light output: 500 lumens and 5,000 max candela. It's a huge step up for me from the Viridian CTL it replaced in every regard except for its size and weight. The TLR-7 Sub, however, is narrower than the CTL.

I know for some, having the light protrude past the muzzle is a no go, but for everyone else it's the light that makes the most sense for this handgun.

If you go for this, make sure you get the SKU listed above. They make three versions, one for slimline Glocks, another for the SIG P365 family, and the third for basically everything else.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thank you so much for posting this. I was looking for a light for my P99c and am making do with a Viridian CTL, and this seems a much better option. And thank you for saying which model of TLR7 sub fits.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're very welcome! I know it was very frustrating for me not having an excellent weaponlight option for this pistol, so I'm happy to share with other P99c owners.

I will say, I was reminded how incredibly lightweight this firearm is when I took off the Viridian. I was actually a little worried the Streamlight would be too heavy and ruin the balance. But the weight out front feels great. Now I just need to take it out and shoot it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The follow up question is does anyone make holsters for the combination of the Walther P99c and the Streamlight TLR-7 sub? Even for more mainstream handguns like the SIG P365, there’s not a lot of choices for the TLR-7 sub.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good question! You're basically forced into getting something made to order. Currently I have a Sticky Holster to make do with in the meantime, but I will be going with T5 Custom Kydex. T5 made the holster for my CZ Custom SDP Black with Streamlight TLR-7A, and it's perfectly made. They just recently added the TLR-7 Sub as an option, but will only accept a limited number of orders to insure they aren't backordered for eternity.

I just missed their most recent opening for new orders (August 27). Sign up for their newsletter to find out when they will be open to taking new full custom orders again. It'll likely be a little while.

If not T5, go with another holster maker who offers a full custom shop.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Will a TLR-7 fit a P365?

·
Registered
981 Posts
The follow up question is does anyone make holsters for the combination of the Walther P99c and the Streamlight TLR-7 sub? Even for more mainstream handguns like the SIG P365, there’s not a lot of choices for the TLR-7 sub.
Theis Holsters

Tommy was a supporting vendor here for a time, and he offers his holsters for the Sig and Glock TLR-7 Sub, but I didn't see a choice for the 1913 rail. That said, I'd probably ask the question if he can do that. Absolutely love his work, and have quite a few of his holsters (P99c, PPS M1, PX4 SubCompact, PX4 Compact Carry)

It's a great little light, I've had one on a PX4 SubCompact that I keep at home, and I just ordered a second for a compact that is also used at home. Like the OP said, I hate having the light protrude past the barrel, but 100% agree with his assessment that this light by far, is the "best size" for that whole subcompact niche. Maybe there is something else out there, but this is definitely a good one.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have a holster by Chris at Ghostmendesigns (Instagram) which is based on the Sig P320 version of a Safariland ALS duty holster. That holster is for my PPQ/Q4, but he might be able to come up with something for your P99c. I had sent him my TLR-7 so he could create some molds for it. It's worth looking into.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts