Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious how many of you have the TITANIUM COATED P99 slides and how the finish is holding up.

As I recall. the older QPQ (Quenched Polished Quenched) slide finishes were somewhat prone to easily show blemishes and scratches.

·
Registered
21 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Catbird @ June 09 2004,8:56)]I am curious how many of you have the TITANIUM COATED P99 slides and how the finish is holding up.

As I recall. the older QPQ (Quenched Polished Quenched) slide finishes were somewhat prone to easily show blemishes and scratches.
The P99 I have is Titanium. I've had it about 4 months now and have been carrying it everyday in a Fobus paddle and there has been zero wear on the finish.

..Joe

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I picked mine up in February. I don't carry it daily, and when I do it's in leather, but no finish problems either.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have had my Titanium finish P-99 for about 6 months. It has seen 3000+ rounds and is carried in Kydex. The slide is still unmarked other than some finger prints in the light oil that I rub it down with. There are no scratches or wear marks.

The barrel itself has wear marks from the Ti coating. These are not present on the regular P-99. It looks like the Ti coating is an added process after a stock slide is finished.

Happy choosing.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the older QPQ P99 and I haven't noticed any more wear on it than my black and military models.
Do the production Titanium models have "Titanium Coated" on the slide in big letters like in all the pictures I've seen? Does it look ok in real life?

·
Registered
44 Posts
i've had my Titanium for a little over a year now and the finish is in fine shape. I carry it in either a Fobus or Leather

1 - 11 of 11 Posts