Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
by apps47inc. Really, it would be nice if one had the option of blocking the user.

I'm not interested in buying hiking boots and translucent glock mags.

This is what happens when a bunch of tech weenies are in charge of a forum...I appreciate the technical support, I DON'T appreciate seeing sale posts about stuff I wouldn't buy in my "new posts"...

What can we do about this? Thanks, Beau M.

·
Administrator
262 Posts
Hi there,

apps47inc is a vendor on the forum and as such can post their products in the vendor section. Are you seeing their sales posts outside of the vendor section?

Niall

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
...... I DON'T appreciate seeing sale posts about stuff I wouldn't buy in my "new posts"...

What can we do about this?...
It's all about economics. Those advertisers are paying to bring the forum to you for free. If they get kicked off, do you want to dig into your wallet to pick up the slack?

M

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's all about economics. Those advertisers are paying to bring the forum to you for free. If they get kicked off, do you want to dig into your wallet to pick up the slack?

M

Mike, I'd rather pay 50-75 bucks a year to enjoy this place, and NOT see ads for gun cases, boots, glock mags, or anything that does NOT pertain to my PPQ and PPS and P99c.

Admin, no, in all fairness the sale posts don't crop up in the PPQ section, or any place they're not supposed to, it's just that if I don't view the forum for a day or so, when I hit "new posts" (and who doesn't?!), there's probably half a dozen or so of that user's sale posts. I get that he/she/it/whatever entity is a vendor and as such is given privileges...but sure;y there's a way where it can be made to not show up, short of my clicking the sale sections?

As far as a paid, advertisement free forum experience, tell me where to send a payment. If that's what it takes to keep the random sale posts off of my screen unless I want to see them....then yeah, I've got some dollar bills that could be expended to that end.

It wouldn't even be so bad if it was Walther related stuff. Jesus christ, what is this place...gander mountain?

Ughh.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Run an ad blocker.

Problem solved.
I don’t think an ad blocker will stop a valid post from another member registered in the forum. The only option I think might work is the option to ignore posts from “X” user. Some forums allow this. Oh Wait, there is an ignore list in the user cp section.

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
The only option I think might work is the option to ignore posts from “X” user. Some forums allow this. Oh Wait, there is an ignore list in the user cp section.
I tried to ignore apps47inc and got the following rejection:

"Sorry apps47inc is a moderator/admin and you are not allowed to ignore him or her."

Did apps47inc's cash buy them mod privileges so they couldn't be ignored?

Pudge

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I run an adblocker.
The member/bot/what-have-you is an admin or whatever and thus can't be blocked, ignored, or muted.

Gettin' real fed up with this bull ****.

NO other forum I'm on has this (and I'm on quite a few)...

As usual, the folks behind the curtain are silent.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Hmmm... I don't see ads when I am on my PC, like I am right now. If I come to the forum on my cell phone I see lots of them, but I don't use my phone to surf the web typically.

Honestly cell phones are second rate computers, and third rate telephones.

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Again, it's not "ads" as such that pop up, it's a member/being here that makes posts.

I HAVE the ads shut down with adblock, however, that doesn't work with posters.....and this one can't be put on ignore because it has been granted moderator status.

These people that run forums....they do it as an income, and that's perfectly fine.

Be that as it may, however, I come here to read about Walther guns, not to see posts about random non Walther stuff.

And again, I see there's zero admin response to this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts