Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in AZ, time zone is Mountain but the post times are still reflecting daylight savings time.....+3 when I am not logged in??

·
Premium Member
13,560 Posts
Hee, hee......I'm looking forward to moving to AZ....NO more daylight savings time. No more grass to mow either. :D

·
Premium Member
3,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hee, hee......I'm looking forward to moving to AZ....NO more daylight savings time. No more grass to mow either. :D

All you have to do is remember to call those East Coast businesses early in the day. Desert landscape does eliminate mowing but raking all that gravel can be a bit tiring....and no matter how much water you put on it the damn stuff just will not grow!:D

·
Premium Member
13,560 Posts
Ha.....I don't plan on watering.....and if I have to rake the gravel, I'll do it with my compact tractor....its got a top, an mp3 player and a beer holder.:)

·
Administrator
270 Posts
If you are not logged in, the system will show you the time for the default time zone, which is GMT 5, Eastern Time. Won't change to your correct time unless it knows it's you

Kevin

·
Premium Member
3,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you are not logged in, the system will show you the time for the default time zone, which is GMT 5, Eastern Time. Won't change to your correct time unless it knows it's you

Kevin

I understand it's GMT based however AZ is GMT 7 (Mountain Time) when DST is not in effect. When DST is in effect AZ is GMT 8. At this moment it is 4:07pm in AZ and 6:07 Eastern time. However, when I look at the times posted in threads before I log in they indicate the postings took place 3 hours later than AZ....not 2.

·
Premium Member
3,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think Daylight settings were stuck in the system itself. Gave it a kick. How does it look
OK, that reduced the time from 3 to 2 hours when NOT logged on. Thank you!

I have a technical question for you. I know the time and date are built around GMT/UTC. However, when I am not logged on I assume the system uses a "reference" location.....perhaps the server. If the server is actually in the Austin area or anywhere in the US for that matter then why do I not see a time stamp even greater than the 3 hours I was seeing before your "kick in the pants" correction? Does the system also take into consideration the time zone of the poster, for example Mountain time during DST, then subtract /add that difference to the split between the server and GMT?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts