Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just a quick heads up on this. I was looking around for brown grips to go on my re-blued Ranger and really didn't want to spend $80 on OEMs. I found this person on e-Bay who makes them himself for $24. They're checkered plastic with Walther logos. I sent him a piece of a grip that more accurately described the color I was after and he even custom made them for me and they came out nice.

Besides the nice price, the plastic grips are easier for me to reach the mag release button. With the hardwood grips I have to shift my hand position to get my thumb on it. Since this is one may go in to rotation, I really want it to be more functional than fancy.. and yet now I have both. :)

Here's a link to his Walther PPK/S stuff: https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=Tillender&_ssn=tillander637&_armrs=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1311.R1.TR11.TRC1.A0.H0.XPPKS+.TRS0&_nkw=ppk%2Fs+grips&_sacat=0

Attachments

Reactions: 71B20 and FisherTim

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He must be 3D printing them. I wonder how durable they are.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I just installed them today and they're just a bit flexible but feel just like the OEM grips. At first glance, they are pretty secure. They come with the hardware and went right on with little to no fuss. I'll tell you after I use them for a while.

·
Registered
705 Posts
If I'm not mistaken the original grips are fiberglass reinforced but they they should hold up and the price is right.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I asked David Tillender a couple clarifying questions and here's his response:

1. Are they 3-D printed? No, they are cast.

2. What material is your grips made of? High impact resin.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I had a chance to take it for a spin and the grips felt like OEM, never moved, sturdy. I saw on his site that he makes mottled brown grips. I’ve much going on at the moment but maybe someone might check them out?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts