Walther Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These were recommended to me, as I live in Miami and concealment is fairly difficult. Seems like this holster could do the trick, but it's a little pricey to have custom made and it not work out, at least on my budget. Any alternatives would be welcome as well.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Am sorry because the question was about 'thunderware' and I am about to write a little dissertation regarding PagerPal, but I think that all 'private area' carry rigs may have similar problems.

The PagerPal seems to be a nice option, however it would be the best if you try it before you buy it. I have one and the problem here (as with any other holster type)is your build and style of attire. I got mine at a big gun show and a guy who was selling them had one on him. And he had a 1911 in it. It was amazing! I was too impressed by the clever design to notice the way that guy was dressed. He had baggy jeans and he had to thread his belt from left to right. You want to have pleated pants or loose jeans - this is number one. I do not tolerate and don't have either style. So, it prints on my outfits. I have better luck with some kind of pants, depending on fabric, I guess. The bulge in the particular area, unexpectedly, isn't such a great deal. It's all psychological: nobody would check you out in 'that' area. Also, it looks as if you carry a wallet in your front pocket. So I was able to fool my family, and as you all know your beloved wouldn't hesitate to look at even 'those' areas
. I gave my PagerPal to my buddy to try, and it just disappeared on the lucky skinny bastard: he's 5'10" and 29/30 jeans size, and he was trying it with 'business casual' pleated pants. It was just perfect. So: make your conclusions here.

About the belt: it is not a minor pont! You have to position the PagerPal above the front of your left leg. Your belt would usually go in two layers over there (an overlap). It is too thick to use PagerPal, beware! The only solution is to thread the belt 'backward', from left to right. That was the way that guy from the show was wearing his belt. I realized all this later.

Sorry again for rumbling, I thought any experience would be appreciated!

Val

·
Registered
229 Posts
I don't have the "Thunderwear" product, but I do have a "SmartCarry" which is, for all intents and purposes, the exact same thing. I love mine and use it often. I purchased the medium sized pouch which is perfect for a very wide range of handguns, i.e., J-frame S&W revolvers, sub-compact and compact Glocks, Kahr P-40, Officer and Commander size 1911s, etc. The gun just seems to disappear in my SmartCarry. I recommend it highly.

On the other hand, I also have a PagerPal that I bought for my sub-compact Glock 26. I think I used it once. In my experience it created such a large bulge, I knew people were wondering if I was wearing a colostomy bag. Wanna buy it...$20 shipped?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts