Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a list of the three BEST guide rods for the PPQ .45 ACP:

Which one do you like the best and why?

1. Stainless Steel guide rod: $42.95 (link: https://ssguiderods.com/shop/walther-ppq-m2-45-stainless-steel-guide-rod-copy)

This is a stainless steel guide rod for a Walther PPQ-M2-45 made out of 304 stainless steel. The rod is made of only the finest stainless steel material to replace the plastic factory rod. Our rods are measured to factory specification and we ensure the finest fit and finish on all of our parts.

We are introducing are unique design with our custom designed washer that will not allow the spring to ride over the head of the captive screw. Making our design a TRUE captive guide rod. All of our componets are also made out of stainless steel. Spring is now included and drop in ready.

2. BT guide rod: $64 (link: https://btguiderods.com/waltherp99)

All Sta-Tite rods are Black Oxide treated. Sta-Tite guide rods are available as drop-in assemblies with factory springs direct from Germany. By adhering to the manufacturer’s dimensions, fit is assured. By using the factory spring, function is assured. When you install a BT rod, you can rest assured that your pistol will function properly.

3. DPM systems guide rod: $98 (link: https://zahal.org/product/walther-ppq-45acp-recoil-reduction-spring-rod-dpm-systems)

The DPM WALTHER PPQ .45ACP Recoil Reduction Spring Rod DPM Systems replaces the original factory guide rod/spring system and produces an advanced recoil reduction by absorbing the shock gradually and slowing the slide down before its impact with the frame of the pistol. The DPM WALTHER PPQ .45ACP recoil spring system works due to its multi spring rod design (three springs) by producing an advanced recoil reduction technique by gradually slowing the slide down before impacting the frame of the pistol using Spring No. 1 (see fig. below) and Spring No. 2. The third spring (Spring No. 3) which is contained within the rod itself controls the movement of the slide so it never rams on the frame.

---Advantages of the guide rod---
* faster follow up shots
* improved firing speed
* slide and frame protection
* recoil reduction
* better double tap concentration
* better control and greater accuracy - tighter groups

Hippoxsleek Walther PPQ .45 ACP with TB // Orange Speed Sights No Tritium

·
Registered
8 Posts
My DPM Systems Guide Rod is on the way. According to the tracking number it landed in NY this morning. I can’t wait to try it out to see if the hype is really true. I’m not sure about the claims of the DPM Systems but I’ve got about 1k rounds through my Q5 so hopefully I’ll be able to tell whether or not they’re true or at least some of them.

·
Premium Member
8,647 Posts
The Q45 is my EDC and until Alan at SprinCo prefects his system for the Q45 I'll stick to the BT guide. It has been flawless throught 7.5K rounds of both FMJ and JHP rounds.

I used a DPM in my Q9 and went to the SprinCo because I had better results with Alan's system.

However, unless you have a specific need I'd suggest you become thoroughly familiar with your Q45 before you swap out RSAs. By that I mean send at least 1000 rounds down range, maybe even more.

·
Registered
121 Posts
My next purchase is going to be a Q45... I looked at the BT link and it seams to be for the Q9... are they the same guide rod for the 9 and the 45?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BT Guide Rods as they use the factory Walther RSA spring.
Yeah I purchased the BT guide rod in matte black. Can't wait to test it out.

My next purchase is going to be a Q45... I looked at the BT link and it seams to be for the Q9... are they the same guide rod for the 9 and the 45?
Call the number on the link I posted up.. talk to Bill and he will set you up with a BT guide rod for your new PPQ .45

1 - 6 of 6 Posts