Walther Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if a 1/2 x 28 TPI barrel is available for the 9mm P99, or are they all the standard Walther metric thread?

I haven't called Earls yet to see what he has, but I have a AWC Warp 6 I'd like to put on a P99.

Anyone else setup a P99 with a suppressor? Does it cycle with a light weight can or is some type of recoil assistn device necessary?

Anyone have any pics? :D

·
Registered
1,424 Posts

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
The factory barrels are metric. For a .5x28 barrel, you may want to consider getting one made by Jarvis. They produce an excellent quality barrel. You may want to contact them. They have been sold out for a little while. They are currently in the process of producing a batch of barrels for the P99. I have heard that they will be available by late spring or early summer. I have one of their barrels for a Glock 26. I employ an AAC scorpion on it. IMHO, as an after-market barrel, Jarvis is one of the best around.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many thanks for the suggestions guys. Guess I'll give Jarvis a try as I already have the can and would prefer not to use a thread adapter to swap between English and Metric thread patterns.

Extremist - does your P99 cycle with that setup?

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Extremist - does your P99 cycle with that setup?
Yes it does. I also use the reduced recoil spring. 158gr IMI works best, and then most any 147gr stuff works good too.

The Ti Abraxas works without a recoil booster. My TROS Diplomat has a LID (Linear Inertia Device aka Recoil Booster) and it functions perfectly too.

James

1 - 5 of 5 Posts