Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone comment on the legality of buying/selling threaded barrels for the P99? Is it a state to state thing these days? I know Earls has some for sale, but I'm not sure what's required to buy/sell one legally. Thanks in advance for any info.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I don't think the issue is with the threaded barrel so much as what one may attach to it. While not exactly a direct answer to your question, this company has a good description of the legality of suppressors and the legal process along the way to ownership:

http://www.advanced-armament.com/owners.asp

I have seen threaded 9mm barrels for the P99 for sale on eBay (of all places) as well as on other forums, with no mention of NFA requirements.

Since I am looking for a P99 .40 S&W threaded barrel I'll ask... are you buying or selling?

·
Registered
354 Posts
I know most states, allow it. Like most said having a threaded barrel is fine (flash supressors etc can be legally attached), but where you buy it can be a issue. I purchased one and got hosed, because it was bought from germany. It need some tax thing so the BATF took it. However it is legal to own the barrel.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Did you buy it from Kaehny? The ATF monitors alot of their business dealings with U.S. customers. I think a lot of people were buying Hi-cap mags from there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts