Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going round and round in my head as to what to do.

I use my Q5 shooting minor / open in USPSA indoor matches (till the weather warms up).
My specs on the gun are in my signature. I am wanting to take it to the next level to run it in OPEN class and that would be to compensate the barrel somehow.

The Q5 has slide ports in it already and Mag-Na-Port will enlarge the top ports on the slide next to the front sight for about 160 plus shipping. I have to send off the gun to them and will be without for several weeks or more.

I can order a Jarvis threaded drop in barrel and a Lone Wolf 2 top hole compensator for about 320.00 plus shipping and put it together myself.

Both are good solutions. the Mag-n-port will allow me to continue to use my current holster but I am wondering if there will be enough gas blown out to keep the muzzle flat.

The Jarvis/Lone wolf combination will keep the muzzle flat from what I have read BUT, due to the compensator being wider than the slide I would have to purchase a new holster costing about another 175.00 average price to allow for the width of the comp (unless the sides of the comp could be ground / milled down to be as wide as the slide)

I am interested in learning from those who have ported or comped their Q5 AND shoot competition what your pros and cons are for each.

I am NOT going to be changing my loads to shoot 9mm MAJOR as I have read too many horror stories of stock barrels not being able to survive shooting major PF and I don't want to buy a custom barrel nor do I hand load.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This post received no comments or questions, yet I have been waiting for results of your decision and modification. What did you finally go with and what is the result????????

Q5 Match with Trijicon Dot
Mods done or in progress:
APEX trigger
lighter spring(s)
Teflon safety plunger (replaced by Walther under warranty)
Ceracote (at the shop now)
Considering same as you posted above: Jarvis barrel (but what comp device -- width to match and holster???)
Dont really understand benefit of magnport.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This post received no comments or questions, yet I have been waiting for results of your decision and modification. What did you finally go with and what is the result????????

Q5 Match with Trijicon Dot
Mods done or in progress:
APEX trigger
lighter spring(s)
Teflon safety plunger (replaced by Walther under warranty)
Ceracote (at the shop now)
Considering same as you posted above: Jarvis barrel (but what comp device -- width to match and holster???)
Dont really understand benefit of magnport.
I ended up trading the entire rig for a dillon 650 press with a case feeder.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
260 Posts
I went to shooting pcc. And now I also own a proper open gun

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
How do you like that thing? Does it shoot as good as you hoped?
Looks like a czechmate if I'm not mistaken
I owned one and they are pretty amazing. I don't shoot competition enough or serious enough to warrant having one so I sold mine but they are pretty amazing. I can't justify owning something like that personally but the cz race guns are awesome

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts