Walther Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
Thanks for walking a newbie through this fellas!!

I’ll see if Walther is willing to provide replacement which would be preferred. Don’t ask, don’t get...

I’d allow Walther to refund me the purchase price + tax, but then like I said there is no PPQ .45 inventory out there currently.

Bass Pro Shops should have refunded your money or replaced the pistol. Failing that, Walther should have replaced the gun with a 'new' one. Failing that, I'd be talking to an attorney to see if the ATF needs to be brought in to investigate this circle jerk.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
And there we have it everyone!

Walther’s 30-Day return policy couldn’t have been any easier. I just received my check for the purchase price + tax.
So that’s $529 to put toward another gun!

As for Bass Pro shops, a total of $150 in store credit and refunds have been issued to me. Today I will pick up my replacement PPQ .45 and see if there is anything else of interest to purchase.

Again, appreciate all the suggestions and comments everyone! And thanks to Walther for stepping up!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Brought the new PPQ .45 replacement home last night and ended up also adopting a little brother PPS LE.
The .45 is pristine as it should be, it’s lubed, no superficial scratches anywhere. But, BUT...I can’t say the PPS is in the same boat.
I’ll post in the PPS forum but the trigger is “broken”!!! Although similar in appearance to the PPQ, it feels chintzy and more plastic. I rack the slide, pull the trigger and it remains in the depressed position. I have to manually pull it back into the default position when dry-firing.
Again, I am fairly a newbie but never experienced anything like this.
Feel like both Bass Pro Shop and Walther will know me by name. Lol...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Ok. Consider this my retraction. After watching a number of reviews online the trigger is the way the trigger is. It is dependent upon the movement of the slide to reset the trigger to its default position. It doesn’t just spring back into place like the PPQ or my Sig P365.
Next stop...the range.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts