Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came across one with a frame #390xxx k and a slide of 220xxx.
Frame looks a bit rough. Painted? But Eagle over n slide and Eagle with C on frame. 7.65

Told it shoots fine.

Thoughts? I'll get pix asap

·
Registered
629 Posts
If it's a solid shooter at a shooter price, then get it and enjoy it knowing that it started out as a police pistol and on the final leg of its journey, ended up in your possession.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think it's worth more than $500 to me as a shooter. Owner thinks more like $6+ Too much in my opinion.

So this is a 60s (?) slide on what year frame?

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Owner thinks more like $6+ Too much in my opinion.
I would agree.

So this is a 60s (?) slide on what year frame?
Post war slide for sure, not neccessarily 1960's. The black grips look post war as well. The Eagle/C police acceptance stamp would date the frame to around 1939/40.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Not to quibble (after all, it's your want and your money) but I would be thinking it should be more like $350.

M

That would be ideal but unfortunately shooters in .32 have been going for 500 to an unbelievable $700. More than you or I wish to pay, but apparently the public is looking for .32 PPK's.

Reactions: halfmoonclip

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks like he's starting to come down in price but I can't figure out what's going on with the frame. (photo above) Owner says it's painted. (?) Anyone ever seen one looking like this and know why? Maybe it is as simple as paint but I find that a bit strange.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I mean no disrespect to anyone ... but what a person who has never even held a PPK in .32 might be willing to pay versus what someone who owns half a dozen is likely to be different.

·
Super Moderator
7,506 Posts
'teach, I'd hold off and save my money. Life it too short for fugly guns, and it holds no chance as an investment.
Moon

·
Registered
139 Posts
Also appears to be after market (Triple K) magazine. The only thing of value on the gun is the Eagle C. In my opinion.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts