Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think there is definitely a case of finding your way the first time you disassemble your CCP. After a couple of times it is not difficult at all. I sat there and took it apart and put it back together 4-5 times until it all just happened smooth as butter. I had a Ruger 22/45 years back that definitely was more of a PITA to put back together!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yep!

The Ruger 22lr MK pistols were a pain the first few times. Had to hold it just right, do a dance, and stand on your head while assembling to get it back together. The dissembling was easier after a few times.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
I was actually referring to the other issues they encountered. The reassembly is something that Walther CS indicated they were working on based on feedback. That doesn't eliminate the tool but it does indicate that Walther is paying attention.

·
Registered
9,357 Posts
There isn't anything easier to reassemble than the slide onto the P22 barrel but 12 years down the road people still don't understand the instructions to insert the little plastic rod, allen wrench, chop stick, whatever through the recoil spring to keep it from kinking while putting on the slide. Takes 3 seconds.

I expect, as said, there is a learning curve with the CCP. I also expect there might be some burrs or rough machining on the backside of the counter plate hook and a sharp edge on the rear portion of the locking latch. Smooth those two up and I bet the latch slides up easily. Kind of a funky design but I guess it is pretty important that the catch stop not be allowed to separate from the counter plate or the rear of the slide could lift up and fly off the front of the pistol. Not the best thing to happen during WWIII. M1911

·
Registered
9,357 Posts
BTW, that was a bad review for the CCP. Unless the striker spring is binding up and not letting the slide move rearward enough for the striker to catch on the sear I can only imagine the sear isn't resetting, or the trigger bar, or the.....? Trigger not resetting. Not good. :( M1911

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
BTW, that was a bad review for the CCP. Unless the striker spring is binding up and not letting the slide move rearward enough for the striker to catch on the sear I can only imagine the sear isn't resetting, or the trigger bar, or the.....? Trigger not resetting. Not good. :( M1911

1911....this is a paragraph from another forum re failed trigger reset. I tried to duplicate what is described but could not. However, I might have misinterpreted it and thought you might better comprehend a possible issue and relationship to the review comments.

Another thing we noticed after the shooting was over and we were just messing around with the gun: It actually has a false reset if you do it just right. A friend was dry-firing the gun and checking the reset, and he noticed that if you let the trigger out most of the way and then press it when you feel a slight click, nothing will happen and the striker won't fall. But, unlike some other guns with a false reset, there's no resistance at all and the trigger is just dead; even if you then let the trigger out all the way, nothing happens. In this case you've essentially caused a malfunction and the only way to reset the trigger is to re-cock the striker by manipulating the slide. This didn't happen when I was shooting it, but it could have if I had pressed the trigger again at the wrong time in the reset process.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts