Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mean would make a lot of people on internet Happy. After all 380 isn't worth a dam as a SD round. We all know the PPK,PPK/S is a gun whose time has pasted. Theirs a 100 pistols that are better,lighter,with more power than our PPKs.
 I mean were only a 1/2 step above flintlock we need to move to world of  9mm and 40S&W Plastic ,black,light rails,
 Come on People lets move into the real world sell those heavy ,lousy caliber ,biteing jamamatics.,   Move up their are Hi Points  to be had for less money we must move foward.

Please excuse I forgot my meds today.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I can fit 2 Raven MP-25's in each hand !! The second coming of the Saturday Night Special ! ;)

·
Registered
81 Posts
I went to the range on saturday. Took my SIG P230 (.380) and Manurhin PPK (.32). Last one is specially sweet: number 102xxx, it was made in 1954, first year of PPK production by Manurhin, it was sold to Austria and served by the Borderguard (it has an Austrian Eagle, a "Z" for Zoll and an inventary number), the card box is marqued with the name of the agent who received it!. I have a letter from Manurhin confirming the production year and sale to Austria.

So I shot this piece to 25 meters (SA) and 10 meters (DA/SA doublettes) and once again I was extremly pleased by the groups - it just shot much better than the SIG.

Despite the small size, this PPK can be shot extremly fast and well due to a trigger that is one of the best DA/SA I know. The DA pull is short and light, with a weight that reduces to the end. The reset is extremly short - 1911 like - and the SA is light and precise. A dream.

I heard once a "Waltherolog" saying that the Manurhin were especially well made, as the Frenchs wanted to prove that they could be as good as Germans. The finish on my PPK has typical holster wear but it is still nicely polished and deep blue.

So I will never sell this nice PPK. I'm rather looking for a similar Manurhin PP, as my NIB Zella-Mehlis PP is rather a safe queen - it came in the original box, with all accessories, unshot since 1940 - and the trigger is awful (or just new?).

Bye.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts