Walther Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just purchased a Sig P239 which does not shoot very well. I'm thinking of sending it back to Sig to get fixed and then I will probably sell it and get a P99. I should have purchased the P99 to begin with. Gun test speaks very highly of it when they did a review on it. Does anyone here use it for concealed carry. That is what I want to use it for.

·
Registered
15 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (searcher @ Feb. 16 2004,12:37)]Does anyone here use it [P99] for concealed carry. That is what I want to use it for.
Yes, I carry the P99 in a Desantis speed holster. With a good gunbelt such as 'The Wilderness' you won't hardly know it's on your hip. In my opinion the P99 was made for concealed carry.

·
Registered
36 Posts
You won't regret it if you get a P99. I have the P99 40 and it recoils like a 9mm, just makes bigger holes. It shoots very tight groups, even with cheap ammo. I just bought a Kimber 45 Ultra CDP I plan to use for my primary CCW, but the Walther will still get to go out on the town.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Searcher,
In what way did your SIG P239 not shoot well? Just asking because most people report good shooting results. That is one of its outstanding points.
Maybe I can help in some small way.
I own and like both the SIG P239 and Walther P99. They are both some of my favorites.
-Chip00

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chip00
The gun shot 2 1/2 to 3 inch groups,vertical string at 30ft solid benchrest. Also the groups started about an inch low using a 6 o'clock hold.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I just checked some of my old targets and the Gun-Tests report of May 2000.
Gun-Tests reported groups of 3.3 and 3.5 inches at 25 yards with the 9MM P239.
Is yours the 9MM?
My targets indicate that my P239 in 357SIG is twice as accurate as my P239 in 9MM. I do not have of record of my results with the 40S&W barrel but it is acceptable as I recall.

I got about equal results with the Walther P99 in 9MM as I did with the SIG P239 in 357SIG caliber.
Thus my Walther P99 did outshoot my SIG in the same 9MM caliber.

·
Registered
411 Posts
When it gets back from Sig, give me an email.
I might be interested in trading a LNIB P99QA 9mm for your Sig.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NM_P99
When it gets back, I will let you know. What color is your P99 and do you still have the additional sights. How new is it and what kind of group sizes are you getting.

·
Registered
411 Posts
It's an all black P99QA 9mm, with Meprolite night sights.
It about a year old, but has under 200 rounds thru it.
I've not bench tested the accuracy, but off hand it's better than I am.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
NM_99
I think I would rather have a P99. Isn't the P99 QA double action only. Also I would like to have mine with a titanuim coat.

·
Registered
411 Posts
The P99QA is the "Glock like trigger".
The P990 is the DAO version.
Let me know if you change your mind about trading.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts