Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of years ago I purchased a 3” P22 and have found it totally reliable. It will shoot any type of ammo I put through it and I can shoot 50 cent groups off a dead rest at 50 feet. I am thinking about adding a 5” to go with the 3”, but I understand my three inch is the exception and not the rule. How many out there have reliability problems with your P22? Does it depend on the ammo or something else?

·
Registered
821 Posts
My P22 is extremely ammo sensitive! It'll only reliably cycle CCI Minimags for now. I think after a couple more thousand rounds, I'll be able to use the federal bulk stuff from walmart and other brands.

The biggest problem I have with mine and cheap ammo is that there isn't enough power to push the slide all the way back to strip another round off of the magazine, darn recoil spring!

-stunks

P.S. I have a combo set P22 and prefer the 3" version. I couldn't tell that I shot any better with the 5" one. Besides, it is a pain to disassemble the 5"er with that fake compensator on it! The gun looks better in the 3" version anyways in my opinion.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can leave the hammer back for a week (when ever you're not using it) so that it will cycle with the lower velocity ammo.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 3 1/2 in. barrell P22 is at about 2500 rounds. It eats MiniMags without a burp. I have had maybe three rounds that didn't fire on the first strike and one stovepipe very early on. The gun needs high velocity ammo to cycle the slide (at least when its new), and you should use only jacketed bullets.
I like the gun. It isn't a target special and certainly isn't a carry gun. It is a fun little gun that my wife enjoys shooting and it's perfect for new shooters. From everything I've read, I didn't feel that the 5 inch barrel was worth the hassle. Moving front sight, add-on barrel extension, extra screws, all sounded like it made the gun less fun.
My .02 - YMMV.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ive been using the remington bulk ammo for the last ~1000rds. i havent had any problems after about the first 500rds

5"barrel about 1500rds fired.
2 jams, 3 fail to fire(all were minimags).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts