Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After shooting my other Pistols & Revolvers the other day I came to the Conclution that my PPK/S has more percieved recoil than any other of my small carryable handguns..
It makes me want to sell it but, It's also one of the most accurate because of the set barrel blowback action.
Should I sell the Walther PPK/S or just hold onto it??
I also note: That .380acp cost alot more than 9mm or 38spl..
WHY??
Realy just wanted something to talk about..
Bored Silly.. No Money Either because of Uncle Sam!!
B92

·
Registered
757 Posts
Two words, B92.
24# Wolff rec spring and Santa Barbara ammo from SOG. Both should bring a smile to your face.

·
Registered
83 Posts
you could sell your walther and buy two bulgy makarovs in 9x18 and add 19# wolff recoil springs. problem solved

frye

·
Registered
713 Posts
I don't know anyone who would want to but that modified piece of crap. Tell you what Iam in giving mood I might trade you a almost new (100 rounds) PT-92AR stainless Taurus since you like 9mm. How much you willing to kick in.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
If you're reasoning on the basis of percieved recoil, weight, cost to buy or shoot, or caliber for defense, the PPK/S is going to be a hard sell. It's simply not the best choice for these reasons when compared to modern firearms.

But, if you consider more than the practical reasons such as aesthetics, history, and the fact that you're probably not going to get more than $350 for it. You might want to keep it. You really can't justify this handgun on technical aspects alone. You simply like it or you don't. Maybe it doesn't do it for you, and that's a good of a reason as any to trade it in.

Best of luck,
MLB

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hello B92,

These small blowback .380s DO recoil. Especially with a metal frame that doesn't act as a buffer and transmit a snappy push in a narrow grip.

But the Walthers have a lot for them too: history, classical beauty, unsurpassed design, quality of manufacture and finish, ergonomy, accuracy... just like the 1911 or the BHP.

I still consider a PP (or PPK) .380 as a first choice for CC, if a bigger gun cannot be packed. In gun mags, you read that a Glock 26 is smaller. BS! Walthers are much more favorable in the important carry dimensions: thinner, round on the top of the slide...

One solution to the cost of ammo and recoil is to shoot reasonnably during training session. Another is to shoot mostly with a .22 or .32 PP/K and small amounts with the .380 to keep the feeling of the "big bore".

I'm just waiting for a PP .380 to put in practice that last suggestion...

Bye.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Never sell a Walther.
But if you do let me know and I will meet you out at Knob Creek and ease your pain. At least we can keep it in the family.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't Know Jake??
It doesn't eat much when I don't shoot it & It's very accurate & the melt job + Hogue grips make it feel great to he hand..
If you've got something in mind give me a PM..
I haven't been carryin anything lately but my S&W 442 Airweight, I also slip my HK P7M8 on from time to time.
Still wanting a Walther P5C, Always lookin..
Gary [email protected]

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Is this an American made PPK/S or German made?

If American made, sell it and get the P5. If German, keep it and save your money for the P5.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's a S&W Walther PPK/S .380acp in Stainless..
It's a sweet shooter..
As I said though " It Don't Eat Much "
Will probobly shoot it at my next range setion, I have several hundred .380 begging to be blasted..
I love German Pistols Too!! I have a SIG & HK.. The P6 & The P7.. A P5 seems to follow..

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Off To the Gunshow in Madison Indiana this Morning
Takin the Walther with me.. It's for sale!! At the right price of course!! No Bargains Here, Next Please!!
And if you have a nice P5 or P5C maybe we can talk a trade.. Maybe..

"Damn Germans & thier Great Pistols.."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts