Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's been a long time since I last had a case head separation but yesterday I finally got one (old batch of Remington Cyclone) and along with the loud POP there goes my extractor, spring, that little ball detent and the extractor plunger.... :rolleyes:

I found most of the parts unbroken laying on the shooters table however the extractor plunger I couldn't find.... I jumped on Numrich's website and they do have a replacement part listed under "PPK/s" however it doesn't specify if it's for the 22lr, 32 auto or 380acp...

So I sent Walther customer service a email to see if they could send me a replacement part. I'm guessing they probably want me to send it in so they could take a peek at it... But hey, overall I am very happy with this pistol. I've shot thousands of rounds thru it without any major issues until now...

·
Registered
675 Posts
I’ve had this happen twice. Both times I sent it to them and they paid freight both ways. Seems the extractor is a weak point on these. I do like shooting the PPK/S .22 the best of all my pistols.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Had this happen with a pre-war .32 PPK, which I attributed to shooting aluminum cased ammo. In my case, I believe using cheap .32 ammo led to an expensive repair.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well today i got my PPk/s 22lr slide back in the mail from Walther. Total turnaround time was about two weeks. I'm gonna stay away from that old batch of Remington Cyclone this time... lol

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hope it stays in place for a long time.
I've shot thousands of rounds thru it without a hiccup. What happened was I was gifted a small paper box of old 80's Remington 22lr's and my 2nd or 3rd round went boom! and that was it.... So into the trash can they went :rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts