Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed BradGroux mention this show in another thread.
I am a big Homicide, Life on the Streets" fan, and noticed
many actors shared along with the creator. Pardon my
head in the sand, but, given what I have mentioned,
any feedback? I don't do a lot of TV for a lot or reasons,
but if this is good....

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
You are coming in at the end of the line, Photo; the show is closing out for good. Clark Johnson, who played Meldrick Lewis in "Homicide" and directed the first episode of "The Wire" five years ago, was signed on this season to play a newspaper editor working at the Baltimore Sun; he's also directing the last episode, bringing some consistency -- if not closure -- to the whole thing.

You'll have to go out and rent the DVDs to catch up.

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - that's another reason why I'm asking...it is on DVD. Sooo. It's okay?

Meldrick was great

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
It's an edgy show with many of the same production values that you would recall from the "Homicide" days (and that was one wonderful cops show). Some of the same behind-the-cameras guys were involved in "The Wire." It's always hard to predict what might trip another man's trigger, but the chances are good that if you liked "Homicide," you'd like "The Wire." Then again, some folks love SW99s, while others will rave only about the original P99; some folks like Interarms PPKs, while others prefer the German guns ...

A couple of links for you, the last of which is the Baltimore Sun's take on things currently:

http://www.hbo.com/thewire/

http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/bal-to.wire24jan24,0,580744.story

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Searcher - thanks for the links and the analogies - I can relate! Much appreciated:)

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
My pleasure, Photo. Enjoy it. It's not often you that get to see good television these days, and "The Wire" has always produced some interesting, edgy, quality entertainment ... a rara avis, indeed on the airwaves.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts