Walther Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Walther community,

I am based in the south of Germany. I got my hands on a Walther WA2000 chambered in .308 Win.
Due to German law, the demand over here is not really represented correctly. As I understand, there a under 20 of these rifles in the US and there is a certain demand for the WA2000.
Therefore I am thinking of selling this item on the other side of the great pond.
Is there any specific (legal?) reason why such a low number of rifles have been imported into the US?
What might be a realistic price it goes for over in the US

Thanks in advance from Germany!

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
When they cost between $15,000 and $20,000 USD it sort of puts a damper on demand.

There is a lot of red tape ($$$$) involved to get one of those into the country.

Reactions: deciplesteve

·
Registered
819 Posts
Is there really that much of an issue importing them? I am genuinely asking as I don't have anywhere near an acceptable amount of money to offer for this gun, I'm just very curious. I would love to own one of these, one day, however.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
The seller has to find an exporter which charges a fee for preparing paperwork and shipping, and you have to have an importer to process through customs and prepare paperwork.

All of that costs money.

If you are curious though, contact Simpson's at Simpson Ltd. They may know of an exporter near the seller with whom he could start the process.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Bummer. Hopefully there's an interested party here. Those guns are neat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought about bringing the firearm into the US by completing a 6NIA Atf form and by acquiring a hunting licence in the state I intend to sell I thought it is possible to sell to a FFL directly.
By this I could connect a vacation with the sale of my rare baby. ;)

·
Registered
819 Posts
Time it just right and come visit us for the third annual Florida Walther Greet and Shoot! I just wanna see it. As a southpaw, I can't shoot it... dang bullpups...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Might be a little short notice but I would love to. Would trade some homemade German dishes for some US BBQ.
Edit: Or beer, beer is good as well! ;)

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
When we were stationed in Germany we did a personal import on our pistols and long guns. No commercial exporter/importer paperwork or markings were required but we weren't importing them for resale.

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
We were stationed in Nuremberg from '80 - '83. Bought our guns at the Ansbach Rod & Gun Club. It was a great duty assignment. I'm hoping we'll have a chance to visit again.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Form 6NIA is for temporary import so if you then sell the gun and leave without it you are commiting a crime. For permanent import you need to fill out a different set of import permits and wait a few month to get them approved.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
For the most part, except for military personnel returning from overseas (for whom there is a specific exemption), the importation into the United States by a non-FFL holder of a firearm acquired overseas is unlawful under 18 USC 922 (a)(3). Thus an application for such an import permit will be denied. Importation must be accomplished through a licensed importer or, on an occasional basis, through a licensed dealer.

M

1 - 14 of 14 Posts