Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got my Carry License a few months back. With the resent events I told my wife that I should get a CCF before the election and possible price increases. I've always favored 1911 design but wanted something more concealable and lighter. I set about doing my research for a single stack 9mm. Starting with names like Ruger and Taurus I found good prices but not great reviews on those models. I came across an article about the rebirth of the CCP that was all positive so I went on YouTube and found excitingly positive range reviews. The negative ones were people comparing the CCP to their Glock, HK, or Shield. I can see that if you have these handguns how the long trigger and takedown tool hassle would be unacceptable. This was going to be for the most part my first striker fired handgun. Years ago I had a Iver Johnson TP-22 that had the fixed barrel and takedown like a Walther and could shoot bottlecaps at five yards. When I saw the CCP M2 was much the same I fell in love. I read a couple more fanboy reviews and saw the YouTube range tests and decided this was the handgun for me.
My logic was that I haven't had a similar handgun to compare it with. So the long trigger shouldn't feel bad as I have no experience with a short reset and so forth to be constantly comparing and feeling that I compromised. The tooless takedown of the M2 took that out of the picture. I got my first taste at Bass Pro Shops but they said that there was no way that they would take the trigger lock off in the store. I found a dealer with one left in stock that was stainless for $399 out the door. And they let me check the trigger and take it down without any problem. So I jumped before finding this forum. It is my Christmas gift from the loving wife. So I get it home and put it in the vault to wait for Christmas to have it. Then I began doing more research that the election didn't afford me time to complete. I found this forum and started finding some reports to be concerned with. M1 slides being put on M2's and one with striker spring failure on the 4th round. You all know all the rest that are on here. I told my wife that I needed to get some ammo and put my mind at ease. I couldn't find the ammo that I had decided to use (Fiocchi 124gr JHP's) any where in North GA. I had to order it on line and the tracking put it here on Monday. I couldn't wait until the next weekend to shoot it so I was able to locate Fiocchi 124gr FMJ's with the same ballistic numbers listed. So I grabbed a box of that to bring this suspense to an end. Today I put that 50 rounds through it with only one not chambering during my fast and sloppy clip load. I was guilty of "limpwristing". I haven't had that experience before today having only shot the TP-22, .357 mag, and 45 ACP handguns before. The three clips following shot fine and when I took my time it shot tiny groups. So now I know that I need to get to it with live rounds to practice form and increase my speed. I think that I will get used to the trigger and increase my speed with practice.

PS My birthday is this week and my wife got me Clinger V3 No Print Wonder (at my request) to carry my handgun in; Very comfortable and versatile.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The problem with the factory sights is the fact that the white paint that they put in the hole is so far back in the deep hole that it is shaded from ambient light. To fix that I filled the hole up with Glow On paint flush with the surface. Now they look as normal sight do until it is dropped and the sights are deformed from the landing. Then it'll be time for new sights.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I love mine, carry it every day and have posted some tips that I have found to help, I am glad that you posted positive things, because I get tired of everyone knocking the CCP. Mine was natural stainless color as well, but I coated it with black ceracoat, also added truglo tritium night sights👍👍👍.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Congratulations on the CCP M2, Joe. I have had mine since August and I really like it. I went from a Glock 42 to this pistol and I couldn’t be happier. Every time I pick it up it just feels right in my hand. It can be picky with ammo...cheap stuff. But, it goes through name brand, for me anyway, very easily. My son is giving me trijicon sights for it for my birthday. So, it will be even better. Enjoy.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
You left off one MAJOR item needed post CC Licensing, carry insurance.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Congrats and welcome aboard the Forum. My original CCP (M1, for lack of a better term) loves 147 gr. ammo. I had a couple of malfunctions with 115 gr. and changed. Very happy with my CCP.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You left off one MAJOR item needed post CC Licensing, carry insurance.
I need to learn about it. I'm new to the CC world. I'm guessing that like all insurance there are good policies and there are bad ones.

Is there a real lagit policy that will provide you bail, legal council, and counseling?
I'm thinking there should be a policy that covers these and offers future discounts as you take training to avoid needing to make a claim.
A class on what we should and should not do in different situations.
A class on the dangers of getting involved in domestic dispute situations.
A class on how to respond to law enforcement officers.
A class on how to recognize and deal with drug users.
and the list goes on.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't know if it's allowed but, USCCA seems to be a good choice. I spoke with the local lawyer a while back about another situation and he seems to know of what he speaks. If anyone has had the misfortune to use their services, let us know.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Yes, USCCA is a reputable option.

I was on the fence between Texas Law Shield (TLS) and Firearms Legal Protection (FLP).

There were a few details that made me go with FLP.

Reactions: GeorgiaJoe
1 - 9 of 9 Posts