Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

In 2003, I logged in this forum and posted for a while. At the time I was looking for another Walther P5 Compact - a extremly rare weapon here in Switzerland. I had one before that I stupidly sold for a fortune, indeed. Missed it dramatically at the very first second.

One of my last posts in august 2003 was about a P5 C that I located in Austria. I went through all the paper headache to discover, just before it was sent, that the handler had confused the P5 and P5 C. A very common mistake that I see every day in my quest. People seem to consider the P5 to be compact enough to deserve the title.

Disappointed as I was at the time, I stopped to post about. Tried to forget, drank and bought a Glock 26 - nice gun, fast and accurate. But, at every shooting session, I feel life is to short to shoot Glocks. At the bench, no pleasure to clean it - polymer and tenifer don't rust, do they? Can't stand that blocky slide (better go with a SIG P225), the hooked trigger guard, the plastic sights, the trident trigger... And that Safe Action that is no match to master!

So the quest goes on. I will tell you about progresses and failures. And shoot my trusty P38 along the Glock.

Laurent

Never sell a Walther!

·
Registered
757 Posts
"Tried to forget, drank and bought a Glock 26"

Yes, my dear friend. Alcohol and the departure of a loved one go hand in hand. Or jigger in jigger. But the purchase of a Glock is telling. I guess we all go through that, lowering our sights, never realizing that we need to get a grip of ourselves. The hammer of life triggers our darkest emotions. Like a parkerized black, who some stranger calls tenifer. But suddenly when the most sear/ing thoughts capture our concentration, we spring into hope that only a front sight view of the eternal could manage to disconnect us. But remember, we can always recoil back. And like a full battery provide the safety that only inner energy can sustain. And be firm, like a retaining pin.

Glock 26, huh! You really hit deep bottom, didn't you? Think of this only. It could have been worse. You could have purchased a...Jennings. So you see, there's hope. Remember always. You are a child of the universe. You have a right to be here. ***sniff***sniff*** (wiping tears)

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have had some dark moments in my life, death, divorce, financial problems and illness; but nothing, nothing drove me to the depths to purchase a Glock...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for the nice words and jokes,

A small light burns in my heart of darkness as I know of a handler who might provide me with an US import P5 C. At a prohibitive price of course, but love don't count. And the Glock 26 sells so easy...

I'll give you some news.

Bye all

·
Registered
757 Posts
Ok. Sin problema. Sehr gut. Tres bien.

But don't do it again.

Good to know you are a good sport, Laurent.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you Jehzsa - very nice to use our 3 swiss national languages, I try my best in english,

With my handler scanning the US market - sorry for you Americans looking for a P5 C, as a compensation you should import some of our ex-army SIG P210 that are plentiful and affordable - I'm reasonably optmistic (Bye bye Glock).

If he should fail, I will content with a P5 to complete my Walther collection - Zella-Mehlis PP, Manurhin PPK and Ulm P38. The P5/P5C is the ultimate locking block design and a "must" for a technical freak like me. With its double function lever, four safeties, it's an original work of art that Carl and Fritz Walther would have been proud of... Sorry that Walther/Umarex has stopped the production. If I was rich, I would buy the rights and resume the manufacture. Sounds irrealistic but thats passion!

Bye

Laurent

·
Registered
10 Posts
Laurent:

I have a P-5C in 99% condition. Comes with original plastic box, 4 new or like-new Walther magazines, manual, target and cleaning rod. It is date coded "KC" (1992?).

I cannot ship the pistol to anyone other than a licensed dealer in the USA, which probably is a problem for you. But please let me know if you are interested, and if your "handler" in the USA is qualified to buy it. I am asking $900 plus shipping charges.

Harvey

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you very much Harveyg,

My "handler" is not in the US, but here in Switzerland. He has connections in the US to import collectibles and deals only with them for guarantee reasons. Take no offense, it is his policy...

Thank you again for the offer.

L.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts