Walther Forums banner

241 - 259 of 259 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Is that a raw dogs holster? If so how do you like it?.
It is a RawDog holster (and one of my older Alien Gear Cloak Tucks) and I like it very much EXCEPT for one little detail that could be it's downfall...the clip is for a 1.5" belt, but the way it's shaped makes it a pain to get it over my thick(er) gun belts. And these aren't crazy-thick, steel-reinforced belts...just my everyday single-layer (about 1/8" thick) leather belts. I bought the RawDog as an easy on/easy off alternative to the double-clip style of the AG or Stealthgear holsters that I prefer for all-day carry, but if it's a hassle to get on, or I have to wear a wimpy belt...it might not be the right one.

Quality-wise I'd say it's top notch in it's price range...nicely molded, positive retention, and good quality materials. Easy to draw from and reholster, they put out a very nice product. It also conceals well and has adjustable cant so you can wear it AIWB or strong-side IWB equally well without printing and causing a ruckus at the grocery store from some lunatic MDA acolyte.

·
Registered
113 Posts
:rolleyes:

IMO, the M2 is not a leap forward, you need to change your grip to reload a new mag, with the M1 (paddle) is no need to do that and it is ambi !

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
The PPS M2 may be a blessing to Walther because I could not stand the feel of the Classic PPS in my hand. It never felt better than the Shield I already had so I never was going to buy one. The M2 version's improved ergonomics are why I bought it. The button works for me too, but I am right handed.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Paddle all the way but M2 grip is a most !:D

·
Registered
77 Posts
New PPS M2 LE (picture) - New Member too

Greetings from Washington State. First saw and read about the PPS Classic in the July 2015 issue of Guns & Ammo. I highly recommend that article to anyone considering a compact, single stack pistol because it compared 10 of the most popular. After their glowing review, I started searching for the PPS but it was hard to find locally. Finally got my hands on the classic but found the grip didn't fit me well and the trigger was rough and stiff. Then just a few weeks ago, a local gun shop got in both the M2 and M2 LE . I walked out with the LE. Perfect fit for me and the trigger was smooth and crisp. And what a great shooter! I was amazed at the tight groupings and lack of perceived recoil for such a light/small pistol (even though the article praised both). After a warm up at 7, 10 and 12 yards, I was able to consistently produce 6 inch clusters at 20 yards from a standing, unsupported position. The third mag and phosphoric night sights were well worth the extra $40 charged for the LE. About those sights: For me, they are many times better and more useful than the traditional tritium sights. After a quick charge, they really pop in the somewhat dark indoor range, and at dusk or on a dark day at the outdoor range. My tired, old eyes really appreciate the phosphoric sights.

One maddening, embarrassing story from my first outing:) After 200 rounds of flawless shooting, I did a quick field strip of the M2 LE to see how things were looking internally. Got a little distracted by my neighbor as I did the reassembly and put the slide on before I realized that the recoil spring was still laying somewhat covered on the bench. Never done that before in any of the thousands of take downs over many years. The slide moved back and forth freely but was locked onto the frame by an unseen keeper and I couldn't remove it no matter what I tried . That abruptly ended my fun at the range and I kicked myself numerous times all the way home - figured I had either ruined the gun or would have to send it to Walther for repairs after only one outing:mad: Well, happy ending:) With the help of a third hand (provided by my wife) I freed the previously captive slide with no harm done to the gun - just my pride. I don't think anyone will ever do such a stupid maneuver on their PPS, but if so, you'll be happy to know there is a quick, easy fix. Contact me (I promise I won't laugh or judge) and I'll provide the solution.
By the way, just got my new issue of Handguns Magazine today as I'm writing this post. One of the feature articles is on the Walther PPS.
I and Handguns Magazine love the PPS!
Picture below - My PPS looks surprisingly like yours:):) I like to personalize my guns, but that's hard to do on a polymer frame/grip. Oh well.

·
Registered
77 Posts
About those sights: For me, they are many times better and more useful than the traditional tritium sights. After a quick charge, they really pop in the somewhat dark indoor range, and at dusk or on a dark day at the outdoor range. My tired, old eyes really appreciate the phosphoric sights.
Can't praise those sights enough. Here are a few pics of the very bright sights in my moderately darkened room (similar to the darkened stands at our indoor range and early evening shooting at the outdoor range). And for the record, these are not long time exposures to accentuate the light from the sights. All at 1/60 or 1/30 second, f3.2

·
Registered
113 Posts
My favorite and my CCW holster of choice !
Apendix from StealtGear, Strong, Light and fresh for CC in Puerto Rico...

Attachments

241 - 259 of 259 Posts