Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting a little work done to my PPK/S. Some of it functional, some asthetic.

Barrel is getting throated, feed ramp is getting polished, sharp edges are getting rounded off, reshaping the beavertail, and some nice cherry grips.

Stay tuned. :D

·
Premium Member
6,722 Posts
Im getting a little work done to my PPK/S. Some of it functional, some asthetic.

Barrel is getting throated, feed ramp is getting polished, sharp edges are getting rounded off, reshaping the beavertail, and some nice cherry grips.

Stay tuned. :D

Who's doing the work...if you don't mind me asking? I've got a S&W PPK/S...so obviously I'll need it done too... ;)

Milspec

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im having a local gunsmith do the work for me, Gunsmithing Ltd. out of Southport, CT.

I was referred to them by a number of people.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I finally picked the gun up today, haha. :D

Ive fallen in love with the gun all over again. The gunsmith did a fantastic job.

As you can see, the sharper edges are rounded off including the sights, the beavertail is reshaped, and the new grips are installed. I know I said I was getting Cherry grips, but the company called me back to say they were out of stock on those, and only had the Black Silverwood left. I would have perferred Cherry, but I like these too.

Here she is in her new home, a High Noon Split Decision

And some info for anyone who wants to know, Interarms grips WILL FIT the S&W version. I purchased the grips online that said they were made for S&W PPK/S, but when they got to the door, the package clearly said "Not for S&W". I called the company up and told them my story, and they said to try them out first, and if they didnt fit, send'em back. Sure enough, perfect fit.

It passed the "looks" test, now I gotta get it to the range and see how it does in the real test...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Did you get a chance to put a few rounds through it after your repairs? I'm curious to see how it performed. The reason being is that I have recently sent my S & W ppk/s (2003 version) to S & W Walther Division in Houlton Maine and they replaced the extractor, "repaired the bbl" ( I don't know what that means - I assume they took out some material leading up to the barrel - I have no clue), and polished the feed ramp to the barrell. I have not had a chance to take it to the range to test it. I can't wait. Mike

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I personally have not taken it to the range yet...hopefully I can sometime this weekend...but the gunsmith did put a few rounds through it and he said everything works great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts