Walther Forums banner
81 - 87 of 87 Posts
Crap. You're sure it was a PP mag, not a PPK mag?

I'll have to pull the big bin of tiny mags out & experiment, SOMETHING must be long enough & have similar feed angle.
Unfortunately yes, absolutely certain. I can't remember exactly how I made the connection to the PP. With the exception of not sliding in quite as smoothly, it works perfectly in a 7.65 PP, and by extension, PPK/s. An assumption, yes. But considering how popular the PP series has been, it seemed an obvious conclusion.

Here's a pic. The bottom of each of the mags is lined parallel. From top to bottom, 1903 mag, bastardized 1903, Mec-Gar 7.65 PPK/s or PP mag.

I should probably research this in the colt 1903 subforum (we seem to have enough 1903 users to warrant one, someone notify Searcher)

Thanks for the picture, I can't remember if I ever laid the PP & 1903 mags back-to-back for comparison.
I know most .32acp mags will be too short, I just need one long enough with a similar angle ... anyone make a silly extended walther PP 7.65mm magazine?

I should probably research this in the colt 1903 subforum (we seem to have enough 1903 users to warrant one, someone notify Searcher)

Thanks for the picture, I can't remember if I ever laid the PP & 1903 mags back-to-back for comparison.
I know most .32acp mags will be too short, I just need one long enough with a similar angle ... anyone make a silly extended walther PP 7.65mm magazine?
Not for a PP series, nope. I have never had one in my hand, but the only common 7.65 I have ever thought might work is the CZ VZ-50 or VZ-70. It's an 8 round mag and looks to possibly have the extra length. Mags would likely be very cheap since I have recently seen these pistols to have sold for $200. Might be worth a look. Take a 1903 mag to a gun show and see if you can find one to compare, maybe?

I think it can be done, but not with a PP-series magazine, unless one used a .32 magazine (not the .380 which has a rib), ground off the floorplate retaining lips, and fabricated an extension plug the same exterior size as the magazine body, with a tenon that would fit inside and be cross-pinned in. You'd probably lose a round or two of capacity, which makes the project hardly worthwhile.

Magazine OAL is critical with bottom-latched pistols, especially if one anticipates vigorous handling.

A promising candidate would be the Browning M1922 magazine, which could be cut and drilled to reposition its fixed floorplate. But I've never tried it.

M

but the only common 7.65 I have ever thought might work is the CZ VZ-50 or VZ-70.
I have one of those. Mags are very close to PP mags, go in the magwell, but don't come out easily.
That was a case of too much curiousity.

I'll measure up for the 1903/PP/CZ70 next time I have free time - this 4 days on / 1 day off and 12 hour workday simply don't leave time for fiddling around in my gun room.

81 - 87 of 87 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.