Walther Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Read Only
5,165 Posts
I find it interesting that on the PPQ, the right side paddle release sits flush with the trigger guard, but nearly every variant of the P99 doesn't...

Also, the PPQ has more front slide serrations. The trigger is also different.

But yes, the PPQ is descended from the P99 RAD.

·
Registered
603 Posts
This picture has popped up many times (It's used by Wikipedia). Every time I see it I can't help wondering why the slide carries the logo of the Radom works (inverted triangle with the letters FB) but also carries a German date-code as well as the mark of the Ulmer Proof House (the antler).

The following link (from the website of Fabryka Broni "Łucznik" - Radom) shows a Radom-produced P99 with the Radom logo alone and no German markings.

» 99 Semiautomatic Pistol

Can anyone offer an explanation?

Balor

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
This picture has popped up many times (It's used by Wikipedia). Every time I see it I can't help wondering why the slide carries the logo of the Radom works (inverted triangle with the letters FB) but also carries a German date-code as well as the mark of the Ulmer Proof House (the antler).

The following link (from the website of Fabryka Broni "Łucznik" - Radom) shows a Radom-produced P99 with the Radom logo alone and no German markings.

» 99 Semiautomatic Pistol

Can anyone offer an explanation?

Balor

Prototype, proof of concept, etc. One off essentially - note serial number.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Prototype, proof of concept, etc. One off essentially - note serial number.
A prototype it could be, but a prototype of what though? The example pictured has date-code AI (2008) and, to the best of my knowledge, the Radom works commenced licensed production of P99s as early as 2001. They supplied over 80,000 of them to the Polish police (with a further 3,000 being supplied in 2015 and another contract for 363 pistols for the Polish border guards being awarded in 2016). The visible changes from the original version (i.e. the long ambidextrous slide release as well as the removal of the “hump” and the lengthening of the magazine release lever) had already been introduced in 2004/2005.

In any case, in view of the serial number, the OP would need to have pretty deep pockets if he wished to snag that particular example.

I hope the OP's interest in firearms is in no way connected to his forum name!

Balor

·
Registered
343 Posts
I agree. I'd love to be able to get one of these, or even better a PPQ P3. I'm actually not a fan of the light PPQ single action trigger for my purposes, and would love a gun with a "Glock style" partially cocked striker, but I don't want to move away from P99/PPQ holster/mag compatibility. Closest thing we can get here in the states is a P99QA.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
In any case, in view of the serial number, the OP would need to have pretty deep pockets if he wished to snag that particular example.

I'd be happy with any Radom variant. That's just the picture I've been using since I first saw it, at least a decade ago.

I hope the OP's interest in firearms is in no way connected to his forum name!
This is the same forum name I've been using for at least 20 years, long before it became a derogatory virtue signaling term used by liberals, but feel free to insinuate like any typical lib, I get it a lot. :p

I've used it since 05 on arfcom, 06 on calguns, various other guitar and gun forums that are either now defunct or forgotten. I picked the name because it was one word and I couldn't get my previous forum name because it was already registered to someone on an EZBoard site. I continue to use it in case someone from other forums recognize me. It's really just that.

I guess you could call my GA Precision M24 build xenophobic. lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.