Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
You mean these...?

Very difficult to contain under the best of conditions. I hope no one has one as man's best friend.

·
Premium Member
6,227 Posts
Photohause has ESP, because I was just about to start a similar thread. Mine was gonna be called "The Great Tangent Thread" or something similar. It'd be a place similar to MgMike's Shangri-La, only for wise men and fools alike. Buffoonery welcome.

This thread is going to be longer than the Zombie Apocalypse by next week. Once Deputy gets both eyes back and can see enough to type, it'll be on!

Oh, I almost forgot - Pilotsteve's cool car can also drift:

...Only I'm not dumb enough to try. I can't afford the tires, amongst other excuses.

-Pilotsteve

·
Registered
2,722 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
For those of us that ride motorcycles. Watch out for the damn potholes !
Me and my Harley hit a lane seam hole on I-75 at 70 mph. It was exciting !

·
Registered
5,059 Posts
Damn, and here I thought this was going to a place to talk about plate tectonics, subduction, and whatnot.

(NOT the subduction you'd see on those certain tv channels....or was that seduction I was referring to...?)

Anywho, velveeter is le yuck, powerful rear drive cars of German and Ford production are neat, I like Boxer dogs, went swimming today, and now am watching the skies for twisters or else indicators of said twisters.

I also start my new job tomorrow...hopefully in a few weeks, after I catch up on a past due bill, I can start saving back for a PPK, a P99, and eventually a PPX. Then of course I need to get serious about having a 351w sent in for cleaning and boring....it's about time I started putting my '84 Mustang back together. I'd like to put a 460 in it, but for now I'll stick with what I know...and that is the Windsor series of Ford V8 engines. :D

Oh yeah...this is going to be the best summer....since last summer! :)

·
Registered
2,722 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
On one of my motorcycle tripsp from VA we went up through Canada > Sault Ste Marie > Escanaba > and over the Mackinaw Bridge...THAT was a fearsome bridge to ride over.

·
Premium Member
8,506 Posts
One of my cats likes to sleep with her head in my sneakers....

Rebuilding your own 1st and 2nd stages is very satisfying especially when you are at 182 feet and they work perfectly!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Near Detroit? 75 is BAD from Detroit to Toledo
North of Detroit Dave. Around Pontiac MI. I am retired so I get to ride around a lot. It seems I-75 is pretty good north of Flint. But south is bad.
Think I got off at Grange Hall Rd. exit. That is where I did the seat cover extraction !

·
Registered
347 Posts
On one of my motorcycle tripsp from VA we went up through Canada > Sault Ste Marie > Escanaba > and over the Mackinaw Bridge...THAT was a fearsome bridge to ride over.
Photo, I have rode over the Big Mac twice now. I said I would not go again after the first time, but got talked into it.
It would not be so bad, except for the wind ! Both times the damn wind was really blowing.
Sounds like you were on a good ride. What bike to you have ?

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Try da UP instead, eh. The lift bridge at Houghton isn't so scary.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Driving across the Big Mac is one thing; riding a motorcycle is another. But walking across the bridge is something else entirely. That'll put some hair on your chest.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Rebuilding your own 1st and 2nd stages is very satisfying especially when you are at 182 feet and they work perfectly!
Congrats on the Triarii. It looks cool as hell ! Of course, we are waiting for the range review and target images.
What 1st and 2nd stages are you rebuilding ?

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We did several trips to Canada - very civilized and courteous driver up there I must say. I was riding my 1976 BMW.

On another trip to Nova Scotia, my alternator went...I know where a lot of car shops with battery charger are located...even the ferry engineer was helpful.

By the way, I'm not afraid of bridges, (or climbing them) just falling on the grating.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I've driven over the Macanaw bridge on a 1981 Goldwing. It was great. I now want to repeat the trip on 2003 Goldwing.

1 - 20 of 195 Posts