Walther Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Do the G22 mags work in the p22? or do u have to switch the base plate for them to work cuz i would love to have 4 interchngeible mags all working fo rmy P22 and G22. I am really interested in it and am looking to sell my ruger 10/22 so i can buy the G22

·
Registered
88 Posts
it looks really cool but my first impressions are that the designers are really stupid! it really makes me mad how dumb they were in the way you have to tak eit apart. mine doesn't come apart nor go back together. any ideas help tips ne thing so i don't beat it with a sledge hammer?

·
Registered
88 Posts
yhea well i came back to it a couple hours later and it came right apart and went right back together just fine. Something must of been stuck or something. I am more happy now

·
Registered
4 Posts
Okay, I have some more experience with the G22 to contribute.

* I was right, this thing is much more fun with a scope on it. I slapped a cheap $40 scope on top and started picking off golf balls at 50 yards or so.

* With the scope on it, the balance is kind of funky. It feels weird picking it up, but it all falls in line when you put it to your shoulder.

* Tuck your elbow in when you shoot. Otherwise it has a tendency to eject into your forearm.

* The magazines hold 10 rounds. They do not interchange with the P22 magazines (curses...)

* When the action was open, slamming the new magazine home would result in a failure to feed. The top .22 round would pop up in the front like a horny teenager and miss the feed ramp entirely. This didn't happen when the action was closed or when inserted at a reasonable speed.

* Taking it apart to clean is a PITA. The instruction manual tells you to hold on to the sides of the action assembly when taking it out of the receiver... believe it! The springs on the sides are tiny and a pill to put back in. It is much better if they never come out.

* I din't have much trouble getting the pins out, but I used a tack hammer.

* Do not shoot right-handed bullpups left handed! My GF found this out one weekend. The action lever will smack into your teeth. Did the emergency room, dentist visit, etc. thing on one fine Saturday.

Summary: I love my G22! It's a lot of fun to shoot, accurate enough and looks cool.

·
Registered
88 Posts
yhea thats y the manual mentions in big bold letters and on almost every page DO NOT SHOOT LEFT-HANDED IN A RIGHT HAND CONFIGURED P22. o well as long as she is ok she hasn't broken up with u yet. you learn things. yhea the p22 magas almost fit(they are tha same mag just different base plates.) so they won't work unless u change the base plates. i think they need to come out with a univesal base plate

·
Registered
88 Posts
G22* yhea i got out to shoot mine today and it was realy fun to shoot. NOt that it maters but i found way less flip and recoil compared to a ruger 10/22. i really like how quiet it was and how it is waeighted and how it sits. they clips work fine with the P22 clips u just can't use that the G22 base plate. one ting i found was after shooting both clips in a short time in the same spot i found my self breathing in smoke with was a slight draw back of bull pup but i don't think itll be a problem.
over i really like this weapon other than when i have to clean it and all those parts fall out

·
Registered
1 Posts
I picked one up at a show this weekend. Looks cool. Might have to sell my Storm if Smith brings it out in 9mm! LOL! I'm a lefty so might have to pick up another for my kids to shoot at the range as they are all right handed shooters. I heard they have a select-fire full-auto version of it available to LE with a drum mag,...I'd like to pick up one of those mags. Mine does not have a threaded barrel but is made in Germany. We are dealers of Tactical Gear and have a new 6 power illuminated compact scope that would be perfect for this rifle for around $70 (shipped to the US lower 48) Anyone interested just email me at [email protected] I'll try to post a picture of the new scope here,...it's not on our web site yet,... or I can email it to you if you send me your email. Are the Green versions available in the US now???

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone! This is my first post in your forum so I hope it's well received. I've been following this rifle ever since about 2 months ago when I saw one at a Gun Show. I'm a little concerned about probably more negative feedback than positive on this. I must say the gun looks awsome and I'm a fan of "bullpup" stocks in general. I even have a Mini-14 in a Bullpup and for me it works better than a traditional stock.

I hope this doesn't violate protocal in this forum, but in another forum (http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?t=16989) I found some very negative feedback on it. I REALLY WANT this rifle and I know of a few dealers in my area that can order it but I'm hoping any of you with one can give me more feedback. I want the good the bad and the ugly on these. I do have a 10/22 with several hi-cap mags that I'm thinking of just dropping into a bullpup like my Mini-14 (which I guess would be cheaper than buying one of these).
Any feedback appreciated. I've taken a lot of notes from the feedback so far so keep up the good communications!!!
THANX!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all, I'm new to the forum. My dealer tells me the G22 can be changed from right handed to left handed. Are the controls being changed only and it still ejects from the right or can you have it eject from the left. Not sure if thats a dumb question or not. this is my first semi. I more a revolver and deer rifle guy.

thanks, mark

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Yes, this means it ejects from the side you want it to. Meaning left-hand configuration it ejects on the left side. Right-hand configuration, it ejects on the right.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have owned my G22 for a while......shot several thousand rounds thru it

#1 it doesnt like Trucated pointed ammo

#2 its a B*&^H to clean i finally went to a dry metal treatment lube and that helped a ton (also) i have learned how to take the little springs out and replace them so i can clean the gun with compressed air (much easyer)

#3 at the range it will easyly shoot .5 fifty yard groups

#4 There are cheap 20$ weaver rail bipods usually avilible on EBAY

#5 if you want to mount a scope be careful to get enough eye relief as the carry handle doesnt allow much rearward adjustment for short eye relief scopes...(you can attach a weaver rail extension to cure this if you remove the rear site)

#6 the trigger benifits from a slight bit of adjusting

I know all of that sounds a bit Bad.....but trust me its not.....this little gun has to be the most fun ...most accurate ..gun of this type i have ever shot.....everyone wants to shoot it at the range...i always take it to shoot when im done with other guns....i regularly put 500 rounds thru this gun in a days time.....i sure wish someone would come out with a high cap magazine for it though...my fingers are getting sore..

21 - 34 of 34 Posts