Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
My birthday is in April, this year the Easter Bunny dropped off a NOS Para wide-frame 14-45 1911.....

Attachments

·
Read Only
5,165 Posts
My birthday is in April, this year the Easter Bunny dropped off a NOS Para wide-frame 14-45 1911.....
How does this feel in the hand compared to a PPQ Classic?

I've been eyeing one of these for a couple of years now..is it roughly the same in terms of grip circumference, or is it rather thicker?

What I'm getting at is that my 9mm PPQ Classic fits my hand like it was created for me...if the Para is pretty close to that size.. ;):)

I've never saw one in person, nor stumbled across anyone who owns or has owned/shot it..lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I put 100 rds through it. Shoots nice. Only problem was the 20 rd magazine. WC will have to replace it. I made a request to have it replaced with another 17 rd. It's moot because the way things are going out here, I might have to replace all of them with 10 rd in a year. *sigh*

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I put 100 rds through it. Shoots nice. Only problem was the 20 rd magazine. WC will have to replace it. I made a request to have it replaced with another 17 rd. It's moot because the way things are going out here, I might have to replace all of them with 10 rd in a year. *sigh*

I've had good luck with the 18rd M9A1 mags with +2 bases (20 rds). I have
over a dozen, all function flawless.

Also have a dozen WC PVD coated "sand resistant" 15 rd mags.

I installed a WC 18lb recoil spring & a WC Shok Buff. This gun sees 124gr/1200fps FMJ & JHP ammo (400 ft/lbs muzzle energy) exclusively.

Truly a SHTF handgun. The main reason I purchased sufficient mags to load up over 500 rds.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
How does this feel in the hand compared to a PPQ Classic?

I've been eyeing one of these for a couple of years now..is it roughly the same in terms of grip circumference, or is it rather thicker?

What I'm getting at is that my 9mm PPQ Classic fits my hand like it was created for me...if the Para is pretty close to that size.. ;):)

I've never saw one in person, nor stumbled across anyone who owns or has owned/shot it..lol

I have XL hands (over 8.5", wrist joint to middle fingertip) and find the Q45 with large backstrap an ideal fit. The Para 14.45 Expert is slightly larger with less form fitting "contour" ergonomics.

With a single hand "shooting" grip on the PPQ45, there is about 3/8" between my fingertips and thumb swell (visible grip area). this is about 5/8" with the Para.

This guy manages his wide-frame with a grip sleeve......
PARA-USA EXPERT 14.45 Review | Guntoters

1 - 10 of 10 Posts