Walther Forums banner

The future of the P99 directly from Walther Germany

107K views 261 replies 113 participants last post by  P99ASwiss 
#1 · (Edited)
In question:
No more QA or AS triggers. The PPQ is THE REPLACEMENT for the P99. Like it or not, that's how it is.
Did you ask about the P99Q...

I asked Walther Germany, directly, about both of these.

I mentioned that the reps at the 2012 SHOT Show said the PPQ was replacing the P99, including the AS.

Here is Walther's response:

To whom you have spoken? The S&W people who [take care of] our self-defense weapons or our own people? The P99 with the AS trigger system is still in production and will not be discontinued within the next [few] years.

[No] longer in production are the Quick Action version which was replaced by the PPQ and the Double Action Only version as there is no demand on the civilian market for the DAO. The only DAO customers are law enforcement agencies but they have special needs and so each agency has [its] own version.

The P99Q is an exclusive model only for law enforcement agencies and will not be sold on the civilian market.

Best regards
Carl Walther GmbH
Germany

Hopefully this will put this P99AS discontinuation rumor to a stop for at least a few years...:rolleyes:

#7 ·
That's good news. I've been looking to pick up a P99AS and was getting discouraged.

I'll hold off on the FNX9 for another month.

#9 · (Edited)
jonm61, I know you're trying to reduce confusion but I found your post confusing and had to read it a couple times to get which quotes were the 'right' ones.

You title it "...directly from Walther Germany" and then present a quote saying "No more QA or AS triggers".

You do then later present quotes you got from the Walther rep at shot show saying the P99AS will remain, apparently to rebut the initial quote which eventually suggested to me that the original quote was from some other context. But to someone like me who doesn't follow the forums regularly, a quick scan of your post appears to a cursory reading as if you are actually saying the AS is discontinued when the opposite is the case. Like I said, after rereading it I can tell that's not your intent, but the way you presented the quotes was confusing at first skim.

Not trying to bitch, just letting you know one old fart was confused at first.

#11 ·
jonm61, I know you're trying to reduce confusion but I found your post confusing and had to read it a couple times to get which quotes were the 'right' ones.
Those were from another thread and I removed the names, so I can see how it could be confusing. I've tweaked it a bit, which hopefully makes it clear.

#15 ·
If they're not planning on doing it, the only way to possibly make it happen is to fill their inbox with requests for it. Same for the idea of a PPQc.

#17 ·
Hopefully this will put this P99AS discontinuation rumor to a stop for at least a few years...:rolleyes:
Just to throw my two cents in on this subject, I've been hearing rumors of the P99 being discontinued since I founded WaltherForums nearly a decade ago; said rumors have been flying around since a month after it's release. Nothing to see here. Move along... :D

Reactions: djmg412
#18 ·
Amazingly, I haven't seen one in a couple of months. Maybe I'll go to the PPQ forum and start a rumor that it's being discontinued...:D

#20 ·
My local gun shop told me that Walther is discontinuing the PPQ and ramping up P99 production so that they'll have enough on hand when they take over U.S. distribution.

And I believe him, too.

#25 ·
Don't come around here much lately but this is always good to hear! I like my P99AS!!!

:cool:

#30 ·
She smokes crack on the slide? Are you sre she didn't say side? ;)

#34 ·
That's odd, but the prices on the website are generally meaningless with the Walthers.

#37 ·
Probably in December from what we're hearing from S&W.

#38 ·
Pure guess? Sometime just after the first of the year, when Walther USA takes over U.S. distribution from S&W. I expect to see a flood of PPQ, P99, and P99c in both .40S&W and 9mm come mid to late January.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.