Walther Forums banner

161 - 180 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 9mmx19, P99 Gen1 purchased in 2000. says made in Germany. Came in OD Green, ambidextrous clip release, decock, and no safety. How does my model differ from the P99QA? Any idea on current value, it is still in pristine condition? Where can i find a inside waist conceal holster for my model? I would post a pic but not sure how to,Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Depending on your pocketbook, the Milt Sparks VM2 is the Gold Standard. Get the 1.5" belt loops and a matching belt. Buy once, cry once.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I have a 9mmx19, P99 Gen1 purchased in 2000. says made in Germany. Came in OD Green, ambidextrous clip release, decock, and no safety. How does my model differ from the P99QA? Any idea on current value, it is still in pristine condition? Where can i find a inside waist conceal holster for my model? I would post a pic but not sure how to,Thanks
Assuming yours doesn't have any markings other than P99 then it should be the original AS model, as was mine purchased in 1998.

AS = double action/single action/anti-stress

QA = glockish typical striker fired action. Never shot one. Don't want to.

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
ambidextrous clip release
WOW! you have a rare one, I've only ever heard of the ones that have the release for the clip, have never laid me eyes on one! Don't ever sell it....
:D:rolleyes:

QA sucks, basically.
It has it's good side, too. For me, the ability to decock completely is a bigger benefit than some silky smooth, 1/8" trigger pull (in SA, on an AS).

I've got a P99cAS, as well as a .40 P99cQA. I wish the QA was 9mm too I'd likely never carry the AS or probably wouldn't have bought it. I started with a PPQ and much prefer a trigger that works the same way, every time.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Having just watched the video on the PPQ M3 and seeing the Visier article on the PPQ M3 and the PPQ P3, which are button-release and paddle release, respectively, versions of the P99Q, I have to ask why Walther went to the trouble of introducing PPQ versions of the very popular P99Q.

Coincidentally, I noticed yesterday that a couple of distributors that I deal with no longer have the P99 (full size, as opposed to compact) on their computers. For most of this year, the P99 full size has been listed, even if the quantity was listed as zero, which it has been most or all of this year.

So, here is one scenario: The P99 is being phased out and they will no longer make the triple action trigger system (DA, Anti-Stress, SA) at all. (Hopefully NOT)

Better scenario: Walther will introduce an Anti-Stress version of the PPQ, called the PPQ AS, which will have the triple action trigger system of the P99.

Even better solution: Walther introduces the PPQ AS with either the push button magazine release or the paddle release, just as they have done with the PPQ M3/P3. And, while they are at it, they should keep the paddle version of the PPQ (now called the PPQ M1 or PPQ Classic) in production.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, whatever anyone was told, it is now apparent that a shipment of P99s hit our shores in the last month. The one I received last Saturday has bears a 2017 manufacture code.

I didn't want to "chance" not getting one for a shooter. I have a first year Interarms first generation that I purchased new 20 years ago....and never fired (sorry :))

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Well, whatever anyone was told, it is now apparent that a shipment of P99s hit our shores in the last month. The one I received last Saturday has bears a 2017 manufacture code.

I didn't want to "chance" not getting one for a shooter. I have a first year Interarms first generation that I purchased new 20 years ago....and never fired (sorry :))
Thanks. Tons of posts on the P99 & P99c that have been on sale for the past 1-2 months here in the US. $339 for a P99c is a screaming deal for an outstanding weapon!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Why in the heck is this site allowing links to junk sites such as those found in the info regarding $399 P99 and P99c pistolas found in this thread? Clicked on them and was directed to airguns. Admins.: Clean up this site!!

161 - 180 of 215 Posts